Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Umidigi F1

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

spotify crashes when you click the 3 dots to add to playlist, share ,view artist. etc

Changes were implemented to fix this issue for most common Android models.

Our backstage data combined with received votes and reports on this thread seem to indicate that the changes were successful for a majority of the userbase.

Unfortunately, we're aware that there're still some models with specific Android ROMs that are still experiencing the crash. At this time, we are not able to provide a fix that covers the full range of Android phones.

We'll be continuing our efforts to improve compatibility, but cannot guarantee that your specific device will be affected. As such, we'll be stopping the regular updates of this thread and are marking it as case closed.

Comments
ziggylol

been happening to me for years, tried everything, doesn't work. spotify isn't even trying. the app is unusable.

ShadowsK1tt3n

Having same problems.   On iPhone 6

Zul72

To be honest, I have the same issue once. 
But for may case, it seem to be my phone firmware issue as its happened after I updated the phone.
At that time, Spotify trying to solve my problem by switching the app to their staging mode to let them looked at the log they collected. However, Spotify can't find anything. But they asked me to wait and be patient.
Well, once I got another update for my phone, I then proceed with the update. And it's solved the problem entirely.
So, due to that, I still subscribe Spotify until now.

DrunkSquid

That issue is really annoying. 

• Make/model of your device and exact OS version: Umidigi A5 Pro UMIDIGI_A5_PRO_V1.8_20201022; Android 9 (4.4.146)
  • exact Spotify version: 8.6.0.830
  • Country of residence: Canada
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far  : uninstalling & reinstalling, avoiding clicking on 3-dots, praying, voodoo
  • Can you tell us in which context menu the issue is happening (e.g. on the top corner of the playlist, on the right corner of the track, or both, etc.)?: just about any 3-dots menu causes te application to crash
  • Are there more than one Spotify users switching accounts on the device this happens on? - no
  • Is there a session in progress (e.g. is a song or podcast playing) or is the app paused? - happens both ways

Blabberm
Same model, version and problems
Elena

Hey @ShadowsK1tt3n@Blabberm@ziggylol,

Thanks for your comments, we're still working on figuring this out.

Could you just give us all of the details we ask for in the status update?

This is important so that we'll be able to forward the info to the developers and get the chance to look into this further.

Thanks in advance!

domingoambu

The app crashes when I click on 3-dots menu. Same issue since I get the phone and installed the app.

Make/model of your device and exact OS version: Umidigi F1 (UMDIGI_F1_V1.0_20190718

Exact Spotify version: 8.6.2.774

Country of residence: Spain

Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far : uninstalling & reinstalling, avoiding clicking on 3-dots, cleaning the memory/Mb of the app, allowing all permissons, disabling battery usage, keeping udptated both the Android system and the app

Can you tell us in which context menu the issue is happening (e.g. on the top corner of the playlist, on the right corner of the track, or both, etc.)?: Every time I click on 3-dots menu causes the crash, except when I click it on "Top songs of the artist"

Are there more than one Spotify users switching accounts on the device this happens on? No

Is there a session in progress (e.g. is a song or podcast playing) or is the app paused? - happens both ways

• Model of your device: Umidigi F1
  • Spotify version: 8.6.8.1094
  • Country of residence: Brazil
  • Troubleshooting steps: Uninstalling & reinstalling, avoid the 3-dots icon, allowing all permissons, disabling battery usage
  • which context menu the issue is happening: Every single time I click in the 3-dots icon
  • Are there more than one Spotify users switching accounts on the device this happens on: No
  • Is there a session in progress (e.g. is a song or podcast playing) or is the app paused?: Both of the times
mookidog88

having quiet a similar issue while clicking on a podcast/ playlist the app just crash.

I'm using pocophone f1.

spotify v 8.6.8.1094

android v MIUI 12.0.3 on QkQ1.190828.002 10

country of residence- Israel

Troubleshooting steps: Uninstalling & reinstalling, avoid the 3-dots icon, allowing all permissons, disabling battery usage

Xenia
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hello everyone,

Thanks for bearing with us while we keep looking into this issue.

We wanted to give you a quick update and assure you that we continue to monitor this thread and all the info here is passed on to our developers.

If you're also experiencing trouble with the app when tapping the 3-dots icon, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following info:

• Make/model of your device and exact OS version
  • The exact version of the app you're on 
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far 
  • Can you tell us in which context menu the issue is happening (e.g. on the top corner of the playlist, on the right corner of the track, or both, etc.)?
  • Are there more than one Spotify users switching accounts on the device this happens on?
  • Is there a session in progress (e.g. is a song or podcast playing) or is the app paused?
  • Is the behavior always the same?
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?

We'll be keeping you updated here on any info we have to pass on, so we'd suggest subscribe to this thread to stay up to speed.