Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
WiseOldDuck

@EricaGibson's approach worked for me. How is this "currently being worked on" a year and two months ago with no updates??

hakuthejindo

Spotify - this is STILL a constant issue for me. HOW IS THIS NOT FIXED YET?

Listening to music from watch is one of the primary use cases on Apple Watch. How is it not getting prioritized??

iñakib

>1 year with an Apple Watch and this function still never worked for me - and I have tried every single procedure explained on this thread. Could you at least give us an explanation? Sorry for being a Karen, but this is really no way to treat paying costumers. Shame on you @user-removed 

Yordan
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

omegå

It's appalling that after 1 year this is still an unsolved issue. For some models a few of the suggestions of this thread might work, but for my particular case everything I tried was a no-go. So took the bull by the horns and switched to Android: app work flawlessly and I can download playlists within seconds. Good luck if you're stuck with this joke of a situation, my only suggestion is to try and change phisically the hardware of your watch - my particular model was Apple Watch 6 with cellular/LTE connection - and see if you have better results. 

Vico21

That's exactly the answer I needed to switch to Apple Music.
I don't know who's fault is it (Apple or Spotify), but I need this feature

reinklang

Spotify not planning to address is - well - hard to believe. I purchased the Apple Watch mainly for the purpose to exercise while listening to downloaded music from Spotify. 

This is enough reason for me to finally switch to Apple Music. 

Davebass5

Just a heads up, you can now transfer Apple music to the Watch without it needing to be on the charger. Only wifi or data by the looks of it, but it makes Spotify even less useful now. 

andilulu

31 pages of people complaining about this issue and its still not a priority for Spotify to fix it?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/655974 
This solution worked for me. If the moderator of the group would switch their answer from a “not right now” status  and shared this answer and explained that they would do a complete fix for this issue in the future, people would be less annoyed with Spotify’s stance of fixing this bug.

onderbey

Is there any progress? Someone help SOS