0 Likes

I have iOS 13 updated on iPhone and ipad

spotify premium 

the equalizer 

Won’t work with Airplay 

does work with playback thru device or with Airpods 

please help

Alan

one of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand that you're experiencing issues while trying to use Spotify via Airplay.

Unfortunately, the equalizer won't work with Airplay, as the Spotify app just tells the Airplay device which song to play from Spotify's catalog, with the Airplay device controlling how the audio will sound. Which is why, we can't control any equalizer settings on the Airplay device.

We'd recommend that you reach out to your Airplay device manufacturer customer support team to get help with adjusting the sound quality and equalizer settings.

Thank you for understanding.

Comments
jwd0303

Plan

Premium

Country

Germanny

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 13.1.1

My Question or Issue

First off, the equalizer does work. However, I cannot edit the equalizer settings on the iPhone while it's streaming to an Airplay speaker (not the new 2.0 version that comes with e.g. the HomePod, but its predecessor).

To be able to change the equalizer settings, I have to switch playback to the iPhone. Then I can select another equalizer or turn it off/on. After doing the change, I can switch back to playback via Airplay and the new settings will be used just fine.

My Airplay speaker does not have its own equalizer settings.

tank022

There isn’t one other then being ignored........

Veitamin
This has not been fixed. EQ frozen for me. Very frustrating.
ladolasso

I have this problem too, for ages. Happens when airplaying to HomePod, iPhone XS but I think it’s on other iPhones too. My AirPods handle equalizer maxed out for bass but HomePod doesn’t, so I have to switch it every time, super annoying. I would welcome if EQ could turn off automatically or set to lower setting. Or at least if I would be able to turn it off while connected to HomePod 

what can we do?

sternlicht

The equalizer does not work when streaming over airplay. To anyone else trying to solve this issue, Apple Music’s equalizer does work over airplay. 

KevG1
I have the same problem with iPhone XR AirPlay ing to a Denon receiver, I cannot activate equalizer, it seems this problem has been around for some time
Jhavelk
Sorry, it is not fixed! Jan
moipk
Same on you... after 9 months and the problem still exists... that's why I'm going to leave spotify for apple music and never come back !!!
Katerina

Hey there @moipk,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Keep in mind that the issue originally reported in this thread was reported and fixed in this Ongoing Issue.

If you're experiencing a similar issue currently, the best way to get it reported is by sharing it in a new thread, along with all the necessary details - this way, we can take a closer look into things.

Hope this is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

iamstilllolive

I have the issue other people describe in this thread (which is different from the issue described in the mentioned bug report). To summarize, the EQ settings  and on/off button are frozen as soon as you stream to a Airplay device. The funny thing is that as soon as you switch your stream destination to a non-Airplay device (such as the iPad itself), the EQ settings and on/off button unfreeze. 
So my workaround is simply this. Enable the EQ and set it as you like BEFORE streaming to an Airplay device. This is super annoying, but it works. 

PS: I attach a screenshot of my ios13 Spotify, streaming to an Airport express, with EQ enabled. But be assured that no settings and buttons are active (I can touch them forever without anything happening). Changing the stream destination to the Ipad itself will make them usable again. (until i switch the stream destination back to my Airplay device).

7A4DB450-31C9-46EE-828E-B40D8878336E.png