Friend feed empty - only shows "Connect with Facebook"

Hi folks,

We've been getting reports that the friend feed in the desktop app has become empty, instead just showing the prompt "Connect With Facebook".

Users who connect to Facebook, or who are already connected to Facebook, still has an empty feed with the same prompt.

The teams are aware of this and we're working or sorting it out.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

@bozsa mentioned that these steps helped them work this out, so feel free to try the steps.

If you experience any other issues, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
ruupesh_

All of a sudden my friends tab on spotify stopped showing me friends activity. It is showing me 'Connect with facebook' and even if i do it, i still cant see friends activity. 

Screenshot (154).png
theonewholurks

The changes made to the Friend Feed on Spotify deskstop makes it impossible to follow Spotify Profiles that I choose to follow. With the added feature to choose Facebook friends instead I have lost all the Spotify Profiles I have been following. The people & accounts I follow are not on Facebook - they can only be found on Spotify. Now I can't see what they are playing and their Spotify profiles. Please revert back to the previous Friend Feed.

tadhglewis

I want to be able to view activity of people I follow on Spotify not only Facebook, that's ridiculous.

What if

- I don't have Facebook

- They don't have Facebook

- I don't want to connect Facebook to Spotify.

Bring back or add a new/improved Friend activity for people you follow on Spotify.

tadhglewis

Same. Looks like they've removed viewing the friend feed of people you follow and it only works for Facebook friends.

Someone created a feedback here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Desktop-Friend-Feed-Following-Spotify-profiles-on-...

Feel free to upvote it 😕

tadhglewis

Hmm interesting. This community post was changed from feedback to a bug post...

Interesting because I had contacted Spotify and got this response:

Baby M: "Thanks for these details. At Spotify, we’re always working to ensure our users have the best possible listening experience – and that means testing features, introducing new ones, and occasionally, removing old ones. We can confirm we are running a test affecting the Friend Feed for some users. As with any of our tests, we always seek feedback from our users before rolling out changes more broadly. We invite users to share their input via our Community (https://community.spotify.com/). ".

So It's clearly not a bug - that or support was wrong.

Elena
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. Apologies for the initial confusion on what this might be, thanks to everyone's comments about this, the situation has become more clear now.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • how many profiles are you following

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

JP470

Hey Guys,

I reinstalled everything after this. And guess what my friend feed has been wiped. But... Take a look at this !

Picture 1 - My friends Profile 1 follower..... That follower is me....

But the button shows I need to follow it... Also I the friends on my feed is gone =(

Screenshot 2021-08-27 at 9.01.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2021-08-27 at 8.52.38 PM.png

nervbug

device + OS version - Laptop Windows 10

exact Spotify version - 1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a

how many profiles are you following - 15 profiles

JP470

device + OS version - macOS Big Sur (v 11.5.2)

exact Spotify version - 1.1.66.580.gbd43cbc9-a

how many profiles are you following - 17 profiles

KL69
  • device + OS version: Win 10 Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
  • exact Spotify version: Spotify for Windows, 1.1.67.586.gbb5ef64e
  • how many profiles are you following: 10 profiles