Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple SD card storage options are shown in app settings

Hey everyone!

We've been receiving reports about the app displaying multiple SD cards in the storage options. 

OI.png

If you're experiencing this, let us know by adding your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

We just wanted to confirm that the right teams are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, at the moment, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again for reporting this!

Comments
CarlosE

Hey @akratorn,

Thanks for trying and keeping in touch.

In this case, we suggest reaching out to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check if everything is ok with your account's cache and further assist you with this.

If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Cheers.

Eni
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

akratorn

Hi Eni,

Device: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G (Snapdragon 865)

Android version: 11 with One UI 3.1

Spotify version: 8.6.86.1231

Regards

Amayy

My Device: Galaxy M21, OneUI 3.1, Android 11

Spotify Channel: Alpha (version keeps changing)

I tried moving my storage to Device and it worked but now if I try to move it back to SD Card (not SD Card in real, but the Device storage is named as SD Card) it does not work. Fails to move it. If that helps.

nidakro

Pianoforte

Premium

nazione

Italia

dispositivo

Samsung Galaxy S10

Sistema Operativo

Android 11

Versione app

purtroppo anch'io devo unirmi a questo problema, ho provato a fare un reset dei dati, ho provato a contattare il team di supporto, il quale mi ha informato della presenza di file corrotti che causavano il problema, ma anche dopo una loro pulizia e un'installazione pulita il problema persiste.

ovviamente quando ho provato a scaricare direttamente i file nella memoria interna i problemi riguardanti la cancellazione dei download non si sono presentati, ma continuavano ad apparire più schede sd specchio della memoria interna.

photo_2021-12-13 11.16.07.jpeg

cristobal93

Screenshot_20211215-211241_Spotify.jpgI was saving all my downloads into the SD and I was happy I could do that. But then I saw I didn't have my downloads anymore, and look at this page and I saw all this directories and tried to change them but the problem persist. Now I'm trying with device storage. 

• Model: Samsung Galaxy A31 (SM-A315G/DSL)
  • Android Version: 11 (One UI 3.1)
  • Spotify Version: 8.6.86.1231
ABakes

Okay. So an update from my end. Still having the same problem. Things I have done. 

-turned phone off then on.

-changed permissions.

-changed battery optimization settings

-un-installed spotify, deleted any folders with in Android I could find relating to spotify. Even tried to get with in the Android registry, but that was taking to long for what it's worth.

-reinstalled OS(biggest waste of time). Installed spotify before any other apps incase it was another app creating the bug.

-installed Android 12 beta. 

-reformated the memory card.

-reinstalled spotify with out the memory card.

-also tried all the steps in the threads where people are having just the problem with their downloads constantly being thrown from their SD card to internal storage.(almost feel like I would have to clog up my internalstorage, just to force stop that from happening.)

Once this bug happens, the only thing that seems to clear it on an install is to completely reinstall the OS. Reinstalling with out the SD card still shows multiple instances of internal storage as an sd card.

Also this hasn't always been a problem on this phone. I would also agree that this seemed to start happening after the library section was updated to the new UI or organization. 

It kinda sucks. Cause I relied on my downloads for dead zones where I typically listen to music. Now I either have to deal with lower audio quality or just no audio at all. And don't get me started on how I have to get around doing seemless audio. I have my crossfade on 4s, that way the next song has more then enough time to buffer. 

Kinda want to pass the torch on. Cause I spent 4 days trying to problem solve on my own. But with memory card issues it seems like every one gets stuck in a world with no solutions. 

pino12

Hi @Jeremy 

Yes, i followed the steps from Alex (a couple of times) and also the steps from the users with the same problems. Nothing works. It is a bug from Spotify. Before the update (don't know which one), the problems has started.

• Model: Samsung Galaxy S20+ (SM-G986B/DS)
  • Android Version: 11 (One UI 3.1)
  • Spotify Version: 8.6.88.1104

I hope the dev team of Spotify can help us out. Premium member for years...

OGWereginger

Hello,

Same issue here

Screenshot_20211227-114211_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20211227-113525_Spotify.jpg

  I also run into the issue where Spotify won't download all my songs even though I have plenty of room (over 50GB).

MsterSandman

Been having SD card issues with Spotify for YEARS now. It is a problem with the app, not everyone's phone or card. 

I see multiple SD card options as mentioned above, and I also suffer from having to redownload my music back onto my SD card after every single time my phone restarts. No amount of clearing the cache, formatting the card, reinstalling the app or anything fixes the issue. It's always the same with every phone and card. 

-Galaxy s20 Ultra 5G

-SanDisk 512GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card

-Spotify 8.6.88.1104