Plan

Premium Family

Country

Italy

Device

moto g4 plus, moto x4, samsung s8

Operating System

Android M, Android P, Android O

Everytime we do a search while we are listening to some music appear the message "you are offline, try again". But the home page and the music streaming have no problem. To solve the problem we have to force close the app or switch off/on the data connection. It only happens with data connection (full 4g) not with wifi connection.

It's a common and serious bug here in Italy, you can check all the bad reviews in Italian Android play store. It could be related to vodafone network. We're waiting for a fix. Thanks.

Screenshot_20190211-162637.png

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience this far!

Our tech teams are still looking into this. If you're experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE.

It'd be very helpful if you could give it a try using a different mobile network from the same device and leaving a post below to let us know if the issue persisted there as well. 

If you haven't already, it would be also helpful leaving the following details as well:

• Your device and its exact OS (operating system) version
  • The exact version of the Spotify app

We'll keep you posted here on any updates, thanks!

Related Issues

Comments
gianlucadr
Casual Listener

Are you aware of this serious problem? Are you investigating? Are you doing something? 

gianlucadr
Casual Listener

Is there anybody out there?

a_zn8-0f493rd

Please solve the 4g search issue in Italy.

In the beginning it was just a once in a while occurance, now basically there's no search function anymore, since it never works.

It's almost impossible to use the app on the go.

Please solve or I would delete my family account.

ema333

Please Spotify, it's a problem that affect many users. reviews in italian Play Store is full of that problem, and we really want to know if it's something you know and you're going to resolve. 

We pay for a premium account and we cannot use spotify with our mobile data, because of that issue... 

a_zn8-0f493rd

It seems that the issue is solved now...

Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

ema333

I'll check this weekend, and I'll let you know.

gianlucadr
Casual Listener

i don't think so... it's getting worse, the tracks are very slow to start... photo_2019-03-08_21-36-52.jpg

gianlucadr
Casual Listener

I repeat. Are you aware of this serious problem? Are you investigating? Are you doing something? 

Hey @gianlucadr.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Could you first try the following things:

In any case, would you mind sending us the following info:

• exact Spotify version
  • device & OS version?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

ema333

Hey Peter, 

I confirm that I've made:

CLEAN REINSTALL

REMOVED ALL OFFLINE DEVICES (I've just one).

About the info requested:

Spotify version: 8.4.95.785

Samsung Galaxy S8, android 8.0.0 (patch December 2018).

Please note that this issue happens only using data mobile (Vodafone IT is my operator), and never happened in WiFi.