Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify loads slowly / goes unresponsive on iOS

We've received reports from iPhone users saying the app is taking up to a few minutes to load before either being partially usable or simply crashing. Sometimes the playlist/album covers won't load at all and are unclickable. This behavior is currently being investigated.

Here are some screenshot examples of how this may look on your end:

1.png

Please note that this is different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Please also note that this was different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Have a good one!

Comments
Yordan
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that our tech folks have made some changes backstage, so this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Please also note that this was different from Spotify stuck on logo screen on iOS. In case your app won't load past the logo screen, visit that issue instead.

Have a good one!

danil2

This has not been fixed.

Fabirn6

I’m having similar issue.

I start Spotify and within 10 seconds it crashes. I try to clear cache but it crashes before I can.

it’s been deleted and had the storage removed via iPhone storage. It doesn’t work.

AndrewGrant

This issue is not fixed at all, as I have recently updated the ap on my iPhone 7, and it continues to perform as described above, (except that the play bar at the bottom isn’t even visible or usable).  Ap loads as usual, then is usable for about five seconds then it crashes out back to Home Screen unexpectedly.  It won’t even let me load a track or podcast to play.

iOS: 15.7.5 (latest for iPhone 7)

Spotify: latest version as of this post’s date.

I will cancel my premium subscription (that I have had for years) if this issue is not fixed soon.

Leroy97

I am having this issue on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. My Spotify version is 8.8.30.499 and my iOS version is 16.4.1. I got this phone about a week ago and this issue has been happening since I got it. I've tried clearing the cache, logging out and back in, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I went as far as a full restore on the phone and setting it up as new with the issue continuing. I also have an S22 Ultra on version number 8.8.28.409 with no issues. 

TechRemarker

Not resolved here. Just started using Spotify again, after a long hiatus. Often when using the app, I see the three loading dots when searching or other tasks, that may last a few seconds or sometimes much longer. In YTM and AM never see anything take more then a second to load. On latest version of Spotify, latest version of iOS and latest iPhone Pro. Trying to determine if it's a bug, or if seeing the "..." for a few seconds or more frequently is common these days in the app, and never experienced that when using the app for years before?

Carbonknight

My app opens and when I click library or play on anything the app crashes it’s been a month

family premium member with over 1500 fav songs and I know my podcast playlist is extensive but they old ones never delete when I skipped them or started and never went back to them need help asap very sad without my podcast 

NameAlreadyTakn

This problem is not fixed.

I’m the most recent version 8.8.74 (released Sept. 26, 2023) on an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 17.0.2… though I’ve been experiencing the slow loading issues for approximately the past month while on iOS 16.  

NOT FIXED

AuresBug

This still hasn't been fixed, I can't play my music.