Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PS4] Some playlists not loading in quick menu

Solved!

[PS4] Some playlists not loading in quick menu

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.A.

Device

(PlayStation 4 2014 release)

My Question or Issue

When I try to play a playlist on Spotify through the PlayStation quick menu, it says “Cannot obtain playlist”. I click to refresh and then it says “An error has occurred (WS-45632-0)”. It doesn’t do this for every playlist and it doesn’t go away for the bugged ones,  it’s always the same playlists regardless of if I’m in a game or not and the issue can be added to new playlists as well (not all).  the only way for the bugged ones to work is connecting my phone’s Spotify to the ps4 and pressing play there. I’ve checked to see if it’s up to date (which it is), and then deleted it and reinstalled cause it still wasn’t/isn’t working.

I’m wondering if this is a PlayStation issue or a Spotify issue.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Is the playlist private? If so then try making it public then try again

View solution in original post

31 Replies

Hi @10k,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

We tried replicating this from our side, but were able to play all playlists from the quick menu without issue. In this case, there are some things we can try here. 

To start, please try restarting your modem/router, then reboot the PS4 and check how it works.

If the issue persists, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The issue was fixed after the the most recent update, 3.85, after I made this post. Thank you for your time though!

Hey @10k,

Thanks for letting us know that everything is working fine now 🙂

Remember to always keep your apps updated to the latest versions available, so you don't miss any fixes or new features. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have more questions.

Have a good one If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

I am having the same problem recently even with the new version, some of my playlist wouldn't load and gives me the same error in the quick menu. I tried everything uninstalling spotify unlinking and linking it back to my ps4 still doesn't work

Hi there @Unknown_XD

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Just to confirm, have you already tried the steps @MafeG sent previously?

Also, we suggest that you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes I even tried that restarting my router and restarting my ps4 and it is the same issue. I also logged in my brother’s account and he has his own Spotify account linked to it and he also have the same error in the quick menu. Now I have to open the Spotify app on ps4 then play the playlist or I have to use my phone to connect my ps4 Spotify  in order play certain playlist which is kinda frustrating as I was able to easily open up quick menu and choose the playlist I want to listen to.

Hey @Unknown_XD,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you check the configuration of your network and make sure multicast packets between your ethernet and WiFi network is allowed? Restart your console afterwards to see if that does the trick.

In case the issue persists, you can try clearing your PS4's cache, but keep in mind that you'll need to readjust your settings:

1. Go to Quick Menu > Power > Turn off PS4 to power it off.
  2. Unplug the power cord from both the console and the power outlet and wait around 30 sec.
  3. Plug the cord back in and power on your PS4.

Let us know how it goes.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

It’s happening to me as well, even after the fix.

Same here

Hey folks,

Sorry to hear that this issue is back.

Could you try logging out and unlinking your PSN account from the Spotify account like so:

1. Go to your Account Overview page.
  2. Click Apps.
  3. Click Remove Access for Sony.

After that log back in on the PS.

Keep us posted if this helped.

AlexModerator

I already tried it I mentioned it before

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your inputs so far.

Could you try changing the default MTU value in your PS5's network settings to 1450 or 1473 to see if that would do the trick?

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

None of the fixes above have worked for me.

It is only affecting playists that I didn't make.

Hey there @Cloud77

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Could you let us know if this happens with every playlist created by someone else, or just some in particular?

Additionally, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Lastly, would you mind letting us know the firmware and Spotify version of your PS4?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

Thanks for your solution, but it didn’t work for me. I keep getting this error too! Extremely annoying! I do the exact same work around as the OP post. I’m updated to version 3.85, but my playlists (all but two have this error). 

I actually meant that it only affects playlists I created. It affects all of them except liked songs. Spotify version is fully updated to 3.85

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

Could you share the exact firmware version you have on the PS4s and the Spotify app version you've installed?

In the meantime, if only playlists you've created are affected, could you try copying their contents to new playlists and see if the so created new playlists start playing?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

oh man, i still have this problem even after the update. i’ve tried everything and it still won’t go away. i’ve had this problem for a long time now, and it really bugs me 😕

Suggested posts