Premium

Country

US

Device

Web app

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am unable to play my local files on the web app. I can play them on my Android and on the desktop app, but I want to use the web player to play music on my PC. The web player's not super buggy for my like the desktop app which only functions enough to add the local files to my playlists. I can live with not being able to stream my local files to my Google Home speakers, but I can only listen to them on my phone now. All my local files are not on spotify, so I can't fix it that way. 

2 Replies

Hey there @Infuriate,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

At the moment it's not possible to play local files in the web app. If you think your suggestion will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features. You can head to this idea - [All Platforms][Connect] Listen to local files on all platforms - and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If your desktop app doesn't work as it should we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall on it to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Cheers 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

DONT BLEEP ME CUCKS **bleep**

Suggested posts