Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't verify student status

Can't verify student status

I just activated my free 30 day trial of Premium and then went to try to verify my student status and it can't/won't verify that I'm a student. I changed my email to my school email and it still doesn't acknowledge my student status. I have a Unidays account, which is apparently how Spotify verifies student status, but the site doesn't ask for any information from my Unidays account. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I go to spotify.com/student, it redirects me to spotify.com/uk/student, and I'm in the US, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it? How can I verify my student status?

11 Replies

Hey @mmanning1299,

Sorry to hear this, but no worries - help’s here.

If Spotify is unable to verify your student ID, you won’t be eligible to claim the Student discount. Please make sure:

• You haven’t already claimed the discount on another Spotify account. Find other accounts.
  • Your school is listed. If you didn’t see your school in the list during sign up, we're afraid you're not eligble right now. 
  • You haven’t exceeded the 4-year limit. The discount lasts 12 months at a time, with the option to renew a maximum of 3 times as long as you're eligible. After 4 years, you're no longer eligible. 

Spotiy uses SheerID to verify your student credentials, so if you’re still having trouble signing up you can get in touch with them.

You can also submit for manual verification (this can take up to 3 working days to process). For more info, check out SheerID FAQs.

If the link redirects you to the UK site, you might have selected the wrong country. You can change your country to the correct one following the steps here

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have been having trouble as well. I am a legitimate student at Widener University and also enrolled in the ROTC program. I can apparently not verify my account for “widener university”. The school is on the choices for schools when you sign up for student and all my other information is correct however it will still not work.

Hey there @Damian_Heidings,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

If you’re in higher education but your college/university doesn't appear on the verification list, you can request for it to be added by our partner SheerID here. Just keep in mind that it can take up to 30 days for your request to be processed.

For full info on Premium Student, check out our support pages here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Xenia Hello, I have the same problem as Damien Heidings. My school IS listed, and I am a legitimate student there, but Spotify still can't verify that I'm a student at Murray State University. I've been trying to reverify manually, but I cannot find/get ahold of any of my official school documents that has all 3 of the required pieces of information: my full name, a date that says the document was issued in the past 3 months, and the full name of the university. I can only get ahold of my schedule, which says that I live in the same town as the college and am taking university classes, but doesn't explicitly have the name of the school on it. Please help?

Hey there @Starkey42,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and welcome to the Community 🙂

We use SheerID to confirm your status as student and we can't manually activate the student discount. 

We'd suggest you head here and contact SheerID. The folks there can look into this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am having the same issue. I’ve only been a student since 2018 and that’s when I implemented the discount, so I haven’t exceeded the 4 year rule. What gives? 

I also go to Murray State. The discount seemed to work until recently. I wonder if it’s a Spotify issue with Murray? I can easily get a document showing my name and my student id number, just don’t know where Spotify wants me to submit it. 

Hey there @funkymorganics, apologies for the delayed response, we just came across your reply.

Just to confirm, are you still having difficulties verifying your student status? If so, we’d first recommend we you try applying for the Student discount again here, preferable in an incognito or private window on a desktop device.

In order to renew the discount, you can either log into your college/uni's portal or upload proof of your enrollment, to verify your Student status again. If you upload proof of enrollment, you need to wait for SheerID to email you with your eligibility status. This can take a few days.

If you're still having difficulties verifying your student status with SheerID, we suggest you take a look at their Student Support Page or get in touch with them so that they can check your status again.

Keep us posted! We’ll be happy to help further, just give us a shout 🙂

XeniaModerator

I am no longer having issues. I had to upload some documents to prove my
information and status...

To manually apply and submit documents go here https://spotify.sheerid.com/ 

Is not verify me as a student account but the university and when I do a mainland to get a gay thing of air on

Suggested posts