Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

School/University Search Not Working

Solved!

School/University Search Not Working

I'm an Australian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to renew my student discount (I had it last year but it ran out a few months ago and I'm only just getting around to sorting it out). Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The dropdown box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

I know my university is one that SheerID works for, or at least, it has in the past. I tried typing in other larger universities in my area to see if anything came up at all or if it was just mine, but nothing would come up for any searches. I've tried on multiple devices - iPhone and iPad in Safari and then on Macbook Air 2013 in Chrome (both regular and incognito tab) and Safari. Any advice on how to get past this issue would be a godsend - thank you!

159 Replies

I'm an Indian student and I've been trying to go through the verification process to get student discount.Whenever I try to type in my university's name, nothing comes up and as soon as I click out of the box my typing disappears and resets. The drop down box briefly displays the text 'loading...' when clicking on it but immediately disappears. 

Just to check i used youtube music's sheerID  and my university is showing there. So I am sure that my university is eligible.I tried with other top universities of my country to see if the problem is with mine only but it isn't working for any colleges/Universities. I tried with multiple devices - my android phone and windows laptop using Chrome, Firefox(both in normal and incognito mode). Any advice on this issue will be really helpful . Thanks

I am having the same issue, the drop down menu isn’t working and I cannot get the student discount, super unprofessional and inconvenient, should’ve just stuck with unidays 

Still not working, tried different browsers as well as different device, incognito etc. A simple dropdown menu that's not being fixed is stopping me from getting my premium haha 

Hi

This drop down list will still not work and I have tried everything (different browsers, incognito browsers, different wifi).

Can you please help?

Hey - I have the same issue as here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/School-drop-down-list-on-SheerID-International-verif...

It seems a couple of months old now. I've tried on different devices, different browsers, incognito .etc to no luck - any progress?

Hi, I have the same problem. I am french student.

I have tried every solution I saw on the forum and nothing worked...

Different computers, different bowser, private window, clear the cache. 

What can I do ? 

Thank you

guys just use. VPN to sign up on the student form, it works 100%

do it on ur phone and just use a free trial of a vpn for it

I am also a student in France and am having the same problem. Last year everything worked fine but even with all the techniques given nothing works. 
I hope this gets sorted quickly! 

I tried again using a VPN and somehow magically it worked . So u might give it a try using a VPN.
I used US as VPN country . Hope it Helps !!

Right now checking the list of Spanish organizations (https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?country=ES) only shows High Schools:

sheerid.PNG

Hope there is some progress with this issue.

This is cool! Now it works and I've just been able to finish the process. The same petition https://orgsearch.sheerid.net/rest/organization/search?country=ES&type=UNIVERSITY was returning an empty array just an hour ago, and now it shows the first 25 universities.

Thanks!!

Hey there @joaquincabezas,

Thanks for getting back to us! We're happy to hear everything is working for you now 🙂 

For the others - can you tell us what happens if you try an hour later after the first attempt?

Thanks in advance, keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks @Petya 

I have tested it from other locations (mobile, desktop, different ISPs) and works fine with different browsers (chrome, Firefox, edge). Let's wait and see if other users are also achieving it or I am the lucky one.

Still not working. How am I supposed to register then?? 

Hi,

I tried several browsers and the incognito window also and it still does not show the drop down list for universities.

Any update on this?

Thanks

Hey @ruifac,

Thanks for reaching out.

Do you mind trying again now that an hour or so has passed and seeing if that works?

If not, could you try doing the same but from a different device to see if that changes anything?

Cheers - keep us posted!

It eventually worked after all. Just tried it again a day or so later and it worked. 

Hi @Peter ,

it is working now.

Thanks

The drop down is still not working. Not on incognito window or a different browser. It's been several months. What the **bleep**?

Suggested posts