Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 137 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 137 replies
  • 20 likes

GET artist Twitter from Spotify API

Does anyone know how I could go about requesting additional data be exposed via the Spotify API? Has anyone seen this done in the past? I am running a Zap that tweets every time someone adds a track to a collaborative playlist, and I’d love to GET th...

• Roadie
  • Does anyone know how I could go about requesting additional data be exposed via the Spotify API? Has anyone seen this done in the past?    I am running a Zap that tweets every time someon...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • API request
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Status 429 without retry-after header

Hi, I'm trying to use the Web-API for a project.Everything was working fine, on load my app makes 2 requests to 1) endpoint /me2) endpoint /me/playlistsSuddenly the 2nd endpoint is now giving me a 429 status code WITHOUT a Retry After header, the fir...

•   Hi, I'm trying to use the Web-API for a project. Everything was working fine, on load my app makes 2 requests to  1) endpoint /me 2) endpoint /me/playlists Suddenly the 2nd endpoint ...
  • Marius_Ne
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • web-api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing token 401

I'm trying to call the method to add a track to liked songs (https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks PUT). I successfully receive a token with the correct scope required for the method: { "access_token": "BQCSsuOjuleHbd7Nee9V2cOFBIROMivTLfJjPo1VHNjOEfj-...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to call the method to add a track to liked songs (https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks PUT).   I successfully receive a token with the correct scope required for the method:&nb...
  • nimbyest
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Scope Extension Request Suggestions

I submitted a scope extension request for playlist-read-collaborative a week ago, and have been waiting for a response. In the meantime I've realized I also need playlist-read-private.I'd hate to have to wait another couple of weeks for this request ...

• Music Fan
  • I submitted a scope extension request for playlist-read-collaborative a week ago, and have been waiting for a response.  In the meantime I've realized I also need playlist-read-private. I'd h...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[Question] Linked Tracks

Spotify seems to smartly link multiple uploads of the same song in order to aggregate combined stats (play counts) and also relink between those version in case the original track is not available in a given market.From my testing, this linking goes ...

• Music Fan
  • Spotify seems to smartly link multiple uploads of the same song in order to aggregate combined stats (play counts) and also relink between those version in case the original track is not available in...
  • DONTBLINKMUSIC
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

API player doesn't start the newest podcast episode. Always the oldest one

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S21, PC Windows 11)Operating System( Windows 11.) My Question or IssueI am creating a little app that will automatically start a certain Podcast show, and will play the newest podcast episode....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy S21, PC Windows 11) Operating System ( Windows 11.)   My Question or Issue I am creating a little app that will automatic...
  • zoltankiss
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcast API
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Missing previewURL

Is there a reason why so many tracks are missing previewURL? We are not getting previewURL for like 70% of the songs. For example, adding the "Happier than Ever" song by Billie Eillish and playing the 30 second preview works on Tinder. But when I add...

• Regular
  • Is there a reason why so many tracks are missing previewURL? We are not getting previewURL for like 70% of the songs.   For example, adding the "Happier than Ever" song by Billie Eillish and p...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Detailed playlist types in API

Hello,with your api a developer or service can gain access to all the playlists a user is following and that are especially curated for him. But there is now way to distinguish a normal playlist, which is the same for every user, from a special curat...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, with your api  a developer or service can gain access to all the playlists a user is following and that are especially curated for him. But there is now way to distinguish a normal playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • API request
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Quota extension request is gone?

I've submitted the quota extension recently and now when I check my dashboard, it's no longer. What happened to it? I need to use it asap.

• Regular
  • I've submitted the quota extension recently and now when I check my dashboard, it's no longer. What happened to it? I need to use it asap.   
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Find the timbre bitmaps

Is there a way to get the timbre bitmaps from the api? Or download them somewhere? The ones that are in the audio analysis documentation.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to get the timbre bitmaps from the api? Or download them somewhere? The ones that are in the audio analysis documentation. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Generate Spotify Aura for a song

Is there a way to generate the Spotify Aura map for a particular set of songs (playlist)? Either via the API, or using a python library? Does it involve using the timbre vectors and combining each of those images, and pick a primary and secondary col...

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to generate the Spotify Aura map for a particular set of songs (playlist)?  Either via the API, or using a python library?  Does it involve using the timbre vectors and c...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Metaverse Experience Integration

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesClient ID29c8e5d97f2842358689c1237d110c99 My Question or IssueI was interested in integrating Spotify with the Roblox metaverse, allowing people to listen to music together. This would be to no benefit of my own and sim...

• Plan Premium Country United States Client ID 29c8e5d97f2842358689c1237d110c99   My Question or Issue I was interested in integrating Spotify with the Roblox metaverse, allowing people to...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Is it possible to retrieve user data for 'liked songs'/streamed songs?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited States Operating SystemWindows 10, macOS My Question or IssueThis is for a course in uni but we are currently attempting to create an application where users can sign in with their Spotify ID and we can use their data of...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States   Operating System Windows 10, macOS   My Question or Issue This is for a course in uni but we are currently attempting to create an applica...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Support for Quota Extension Request

I would like to have support for my rejected quota extension request. Because for the last two rejections;- Last one with no reason.- Previous one, The product or service is integrated with streams or content from another service.I have my app on htt...

• I would like to have support for my rejected quota extension request. Because for the last two rejections; - Last one with no reason. - Previous one,  The product or service is integrated wi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Urgent issue with song playing (iOS)

We have the Spotify Web Api configured and we are getting songs and displaying them in our app, that’s fine. Now, we want to play part of the song without going to into the Spotify app. I know that we can play songs through web api, but it requires p...

• Regular
  • We have the Spotify Web Api configured and we are getting songs and displaying them in our app, that’s fine. Now, we want to play part of the song without going to into the Spotify app. I know that w...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

API to loop part of a track

Would be great to have an API to seamlessly loop part of a track.Like DJ apps loop 4, 8, 16, and 32 bars X number of time.

• Casual Listener
  • Would be great to have an API to seamlessly loop part of a track. Like DJ apps loop 4, 8, 16, and 32 bars X number of time. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Get Playlist Items no longer returns episodes (Solved)

Edit: Turns out the episodes I was trying to access had all been removed by the author, but there were invisible entries left behind in the playlist returning null track object.

• Edit:  Turns out the episodes I was trying to access had all been removed by the author, but there were invisible entries left behind in the playlist returning null track object.
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution App has playlist-read-private scope, but private playlists aren't returned.

My recently approved app has playlist-read-private scope, but it when calling me/playlists private playlists aren't returned. Changing them to public allows them to be returned from that endpoint.If I try to retrieve the playlist by id, I can. But th...

• Music Fan
  • My recently approved app has playlist-read-private scope, but it when calling me/playlists private playlists aren't returned.  Changing them to public allows them to be returned from t...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Set Volume - What Devices?

Out of all the Device Types, which ones can the volume be set for, via the Web API?I know for example that the volume can be set for "Computer" and can not be set for "Smartphone". Is there a known list of Devices (out of the full list below) that th...

• Casual Listener
  • Out of all the Device Types, which ones can the volume be set for, via the Web API? I know for example that the volume can be set for "Computer" and can not be set for "Smartphone". Is there a k...
  • djmtdj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Social] App Social idea

Hello Spotify my name is Sebastian Lara, I am currently a software developer and have been working on a Social Network app for half a year which uses spotify services. however, it is a powerful app and that's why i'm hard to complete it, although it'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify my name is Sebastian Lara, I am currently a software developer and have been working on a Social Network app for half a year which uses spotify services. however, it is a powerful app a...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Social
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes