Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• nathancheshire
  • Casual Listener
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes

How do I play Spotify in my own iOS app?

I've integrated the iOS SDK into our iOS App, now how can I play music in my App instead of opening Spotify App, sometimes users don't have Spotify installed.

• Casual Listener
  • I've integrated the iOS SDK into our iOS App, now how can I play music in my App instead of opening Spotify App, sometimes users don't have Spotify installed.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where in track is the 30 seconds preview?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible to find where the track preview is in the track. I've looked at the API documentation but I can't find anything. I am trying to sync the audio analysis respo...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible to find where the track preview is in the track. I've looked at the API documentation...
  • jemery2016
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help me! How to get multiple tracks using multiple isrc?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    was
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Progress not updating correctly when playing from the Web Playback SDK

When playing a song using the Web Playback SDK (initializing a new device and then sending a play command through the Web API), the playback progress (ie. position) is not reflected on other apps or in the /v1/me/player/ endpoint. The value is stuck ...

• Casual Listener
  • When playing a song using the Web Playback SDK (initializing a new device and then sending a play command through the Web API), the playback progress (ie. position) is not reflected on other apps or ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Having problems with Redirect URL in production

I previously had an issue around redirect_uri that was quickly clarified and solved (thank you! ). My app runs perfectly locally, but now that I've deployed it on Heroku, I'm running into a related and confusing issue. To confirm, the 'redirect_uri' ...

• Regular
  • I previously had an issue around redirect_uri that was quickly clarified and solved (thank you! 😁). My app runs perfectly locally, but now that I've deployed it on Heroku, I'm running into a related...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotipy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on finding audience for project?

I released MixMoose at the end of 2021 and haven't been able to get too many users. I realize now that most people aren't so obsessed with perfect playlists like I am, and thar what I've created doesn't have mass appeal. I'm fine with that. Is there ...

• Music Fan
  • I released MixMoose at the end of 2021 and haven't been able to get too many users.  I realize now that most people aren't so obsessed with perfect playlists like I am, and thar what I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Developer] Official alternative to libspotify

libspotify has been deprecated a few years ago, but Spotify hasn't provided viable alternatives in the meantime to programmatically stream content through an external application using a premium account. LibreSpot seems a viable alternative for some ...

• Music Fan
  • libspotify has been deprecated a few years ago, but Spotify hasn't provided viable alternatives in the meantime to programmatically stream content through an external application using a premium acco...
  • I2eptileX
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Developer
  • 6 replies
  • 33 likes

Embed spotify for website but with different styling.

My Question or IssueHello, I need to create a popup web player for spotify in our website, but unfortunately the requirements need some unique design for the spotify embed player. The

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Hello, I need to create a popup web player for spotify in our website, but unfortunately the requirements need some unique design for the spotify embed player. The <iframe&gt...
  • geovanebento
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Embed Player
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution We need to expedite quota extension request timing

Hello. I've submitted a quota extension on 13th May and realise the guidance says 6 weeks, but the project only got started recently and is related to summer festival season. If we don't get approved for another 4 weeks we'll be missing out on a larg...

• Regular
  • 👋Hello.   I've submitted a quota extension on 13th May and realise the guidance says 6 weeks, but the project only got started recently and is related to summer festival season.   If w...
  • n-j-o
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Question about token expiration, and Developer mode versus Live mode

Hi everyoneI'm a university researcher, and we have a developer team who are creating an app for us that links to the user's Spotify usage - it is a free app aiming to help troubled adolescents self-regulate their emotions via music engagement.The ap...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone I'm a university researcher, and we have a developer team who are creating an app for us that links to the user's Spotify usage - it is a free app aiming to help troubled adolescents sel...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer question
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Errors in authorization code flow documentation for refreshing token?

According to the authorization code flow documentation, in order to use a refresh token to receive a new access token we need to POST a request to https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token with the following fields in the x-www-form-urlencoded body: gra...

• According to the authorization code flow documentation, in order to use a refresh token to receive a new access token we need to POST a request to https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token with the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How can we play a song in iOS native app using Spotify Web Playback SDK?

PlanPremium My Question or Issue What I have tried is I have made one HTML page and used this page in SFSafariController and played a song but I am facing some issues. (https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/)1. How ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue   What I have tried is I have made one HTML page and used this page in SFSafariController and played a song but I am facing some issues. (https://de...
  • tessbianchi
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS application
    safari
    spotify web player
    web playback sdk
    web view
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding mediaSession support

Copy of https://github.com/spotify/web-playback-sdk/issues/105 Hi, Chrome recently rolled out some UI feature related to mediaSession, which displays some information about the track we are playing and provides some navigation UI.As the "audio" eleme...

• Casual Listener
  • Copy of https://github.com/spotify/web-playback-sdk/issues/105   Hi,   Chrome recently rolled out some UI feature related to mediaSession, which displays some information about the...
  • DorianRichard
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Search endpoint bug

I was trying to use search endpoint("https://api.spotify.com/v1/search"), but response return empty items. As ex. of response(changed link-title, because system doesn't allow):"tracks": { "": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=remaster%2520trac...

• Casual Listener
  • I was trying to use search endpoint("https://api.spotify.com/v1/search"), but response return empty items. As ex. of response(changed link-title, because system doesn't allow): "tracks": { "": "...
  • chinzanoDev
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

iframe get spotify list

PlanFreeCountry DevicepcOperating Systemubuntu My Question or Issuetried to get the list of my spotify list with iframe and it won't let me

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device pc Operating System ubuntu   My Question or Issue tried to get the list of my spotify list with iframe and it won't let me  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Episode uri not supported /player/play

Currently, there is no other way to start the playback of a podcast other than using the /me/player/play and the podcast's show context uri. However, this always starts the podcast on its first episode. It is not possible to play a specific episode b...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently, there is no other way to start the playback of a podcast other than using the /me/player/play and the podcast's show context uri. However, this always starts the podcast on its first ...
  • ivan_breslauer
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • API request
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Getting a list of podcast episodes without authentication

I'm trying to fetch a simple list of the latest podcast episodes using JavaScript to ping the Spotify API. All I need is the list of episodes and the link to the relevant episode on Spotify, so that I can link each card to spotify.com on a public web...

• ...hat I can link each card to spotify.com on a public website.   I can only find code references and examples which require session-based authentication, in which the person viewing the list needs t...
  • thequickbrownfox
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • API Support
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

spotify on another service

I'm a design student, I just wanted to ask if it would be okay to use music from spotify for another business? it is not a real company, but if it were, how would the process be like, legally speaking? it's a hypothetical product which connects to sp...

• I'm a design student, I just wanted to ask if it would be okay to use music from spotify for another business? it is not a real company, but if it were, how would the process be like, legally speakin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with get recently played tracks

PlanFreeCountrySpainDevice(PC)Operating System(Ubuntu 20.04) My Question or IssueI'm triyng to get the last played song using this code: $ch3 = curl_init(); //Indicas el endpoint de la peticion $endpoint = 'https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recent...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Spain Device (PC) Operating System (Ubuntu 20.04)   My Question or Issue I'm triyng to get the last played song using this code:     $ch3 = curl_init(); ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Developer Site Web-API reference Docs not working

DeviceIphone 6 - Safari My Question or IssueWhen accessing the page at https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/ it asks you you to select an endpoint from the drop down menu. As soon as I do nothing happens and there is no “go” ...

• Music Fan
  • Device Iphone 6 - Safari   My Question or Issue When accessing the page at  https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/    it asks you you to select an e...
  • djk-tel
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes