Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• nathancheshire
  • Casual Listener
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes

Help: Production Question

Hi all, We are currently developing an iOS app that uses Spotify's metadata. We however do not require users to authenticate / login (OAuth). Based on the above:Does the 25 users limit still apply?What do we need to do to go production?Thanks.

• Hi all,   We are currently developing an iOS app that uses Spotify's metadata. We however do not require users to authenticate / login (OAuth).   Based on the above: Does the 25 users...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Find tracks by Audio Features and Album Type

I can use the recommendations feature to generate a list of songs for given genres that satisfy Audio Feature criteria, in my case I need a list of tracks that have min_instrumentalness=0.6. I can get 100 tracks per request this way. However I also n...

• I can use the recommendations feature to generate a list of songs for given genres that satisfy Audio Feature criteria, in my case I need a list of tracks that have min_instrumentalness=0.6. I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't add apotify to my website

HelloI read this article: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-09-04/how-to-embed-spotifys-play-button/geoinfo.if.ua and try to add spotify player to this site http://hobbytalks.org/, but he does not appear. I think maybe this is a javascript conflict, ...

•   Hello I read this article: https://newsroom.spotify.com/2018-09-04/how-to-embed-spotifys-play-button/geoinfo.if.ua  and try to add spotify player to this site http:/...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add 2 more variables for AudioFeaturesObject

Hi, I'd like to request two audio waveform variables be added in the API return for AudioFeaturesObject: 1) primary & secondary frequencies (e.g. using a Fast Fourier Transform or Discrete Cosine Transform)2) amplitude of these 2 frequencies in relat...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'd like to request two audio waveform variables be added in the API return for AudioFeaturesObject:   1) primary & secondary frequencies (e.g. using a Fast Fourier Transform or Discre...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Playlist API] Returning incorrect total for blends

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAll DeviceAllOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueI've noticed that both the following endpoints/v1/me/playlists/v1/users/{user_id}/playlistsreturn incorrect values for `tracks.total` for "Blend" playlists.The playlists/play...

Screenshot 2021-07-06 at 15.10.20.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country All   Device All Operating System All   My Question or Issue I've noticed that both the following endpoints /v1/me/playlists /v1/users/{user_id}/playl...
  • shantanuraj
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

API Requests

Hi, I'm creating a web application that uses the Spotify API. Part of the website has a timeline of the currently playing song. However, I was reading the API documentation, and it mentions rate limiting. However, it doesn't mention what the limits a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm creating a web application that uses the Spotify API. Part of the website has a timeline of the currently playing song. However, I was reading the API documentation, and it mentions ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Analysis of a frequently listened moment in a track

Hello, I am interested in this question. Does Spotify collect data about what moment I most often listen to in a track? For example, there is a certain music, in this track I most often listen or scroll only to the mark from 1:02 min to 1:40 min. If ...

• Hello, I am interested in this question. Does Spotify collect data about what moment I most often listen to in a track? For example, there is a certain music, in this track I most often listen or scr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Select different account in OAuth flow

Hi. We're having an issue with users trying to authenticate with spotify while using our app. We use the Authorization Code flow, authenticating in the user's default browser.These users have both a free and a premium Spotify account (in many cases, ...

• Hi.  We're having an issue with users trying to authenticate with spotify while using our app.  We use the Authorization Code flow, authenticating in the user's default browser. The...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple App Store Rejections - Metadata and Intellectual Property Permission

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceN/AOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI am experiencing an issue with the Apple App Store review process where the usage of album artwork and artist images taken from real live in-app screenshots is constit...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom   Device N/A Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I am experiencing an issue with the Apple App Store review process where the usage of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get other users tracks

I am trying to build a web app that takes the current users tracks and compares them against one of their followers/another user's tracks to make a shared playlist. My problem is that only the current logged in user's tracks seem to be available to r...

• Casual Listener
  • ...racks!   I think user's should be allowed to make some more of their information public so that a new api could be created to retrieve a users info (like tracks) if they have selected to make that i...
  • skyleguy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Word Modification
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

API to Spotify/Youtube for an own platform managing revenues for artists/creators

Hey there,We are considering building a management tool for artist which will help us/ them to manage their revenues on different plattforms (especially Spotify and YT).I have been looking here quite some time but did not find information about any A...

• Hey there, We are considering building a management tool for artist which will help us/ them to manage their revenues on different plattforms (especially Spotify and YT). I have been looking he...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    Revenues
    Spotify
    Youtube
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify take down of apps

Hello, I have an application that I developed using the Spotify SDK's. My application has a title of "XYZ For Spotify". On multiple occasions, Spotify has forced a take down of my app from an app store and this time, i can't undo it. This is costing ...

• Roadie
  • Hello, I have an application that I developed using the Spotify SDK's.  My application has a title of "XYZ For Spotify".  On multiple occasions, Spotify has forced a take down of my app fro...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

400 Error on Upload a Custom Playlist Cover Image

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceLaptopOperating SystemAPI My Question or IssueWhen sending a response through the try me link for Upload a Custom Playlist Cover Image, using a correct playlist ID and OAuth Token I received a 400 error with no expla...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device Laptop Operating System API   My Question or Issue When sending a response through the try me link for Upload a Custom Playlist Cover Imag...
  • Aztar
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop][Developer] Web API - Gender, Race, Sexuality Artist Data

For the WebAPI it would be great to pull data about artists Gender, Race, Sexuality for parts of the analysis.

• For the WebAPI it would be great to pull data about artists Gender, Race, Sexuality for parts of the analysis.
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Access to WebSockets [Why does Discord get access and not us?]

Hi, I'm re-opening an issue that has been closed (#817), ignored (#1330, #538, Access to websockets - The Spotify Community, [Developer] Access to websockets for live playback... - The Spotify Community), or locked (#492) time and again. It appears S...

• Regular
  • ...year old, saying that Spotify is still working on bringing public WebSocket APIs to third-party clients.   Additionally, though I will not go into detail, Spotify literally has W...
  • Geekie
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Podcast Embed for Show / Podcast displays Oldest Episode instead of Latest

Podcast Embed for Show displays Oldest Episode instead of LatestThe Embed for a Show / Podcast now displays the Oldest Episode for a Podcast instead of the Latest Episode, not sure when this change occurred but it would have been at least a week ago ...

embed-show.png
  • Roadie
  • Podcast Embed for Show displays Oldest Episode instead of Latest The Embed for a Show / Podcast now displays the Oldest Episode for a Podcast instead of the Latest Episode, not sure when this change...
  • RoguePlanetoid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after 10 seconds when using cef client

HiI built cef on branch 4577. After running cefclient.exe I go to https://open.spotify.com/, log in to my account and play song, it is skipped a few times, then it plays for 10 seconds and stops or cef client is crashing. I did not find any useful in...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I built cef on branch 4577. After running cefclient.exe I go to https://open.spotify.com/, log in to my account and play song, it is skipped a few times, then it plays for 10 seconds and sto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Genres that can be used for filtering in Spotify API query

I was wondering which genres can be used in the query when searching for songs/albums? (q="genre:.....") Is there a full list of all genres that can be used for filtering? (where the sub-genres which are included in one genre can be seen)

• Casual Listener
  • I was wondering which genres can be used in the query when searching for songs/albums? (q="genre:.....") Is there a full list of all genres that can be used for filtering? (where the sub-genres which...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    API search
    Developer
    Developer API
    genre
    genres
    Query
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

JSON of Show Episodes to embed in website?

Need help understanding the process required to get the output of a Show's most recent X episodes for embedding via JSON/Javascript into a website.Show is https://api.spotify.com/v1/shows/%7Bid%7D1vCWHaC5f2uS3yhpwWbIA6/Getting an error: "status": 401...

• Need help understanding the process required to get the output of a Show's most recent X episodes for embedding via JSON/Javascript into a website. Show is https://api.spotify.com/v1/shows/...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add Song

Plan:PremiumCountry:Turkey Device:Samsung A51Operating System: Android My Question or Issue: Spotify more up-to-date than it used to be, and it's beautiful. But for me, there's a feature that needs to be improved. I'll explain briefly by giving an ex...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Turkey   Device: Samsung A51 Operating System:  Android   My Question or Issue:  Spotify more up-to-date than it used to be, and it's beautiful. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • add
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes