Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

2 accounts mistake

2 accounts mistake

Plan

Premium/Family

France

My Question or Issue

Hi !

Some months ago I created a profil and started the free trial for Spotify Premium (solo).

For some reasons, I created a new profile some weeks later (that I currently use everyday), and I did not come back to the first one since.

With this second profil, I subscribed to Spotify Family.

The problem is that I was debited 9,99€ yesterday from my bank account for the first profil's Premium subscription.

It happened because I forgot to cancel the trial of my first profil.

As I now subscribed to Spotify Family with my new profil, I wish I could be reimbursed for these 9,99€ and delete the former profil.

Does anyone have a solution ? 😞

4 Replies

Hey, really sorry for the trouble. I'm here to help. If you remember the password of the previous account , then easiest way out would be logging into your previous account and cancelling the subscription. If it doesn't work out that way, then you could transfer the ownership of your previous account to your new account. This will transfer you playlists, followers and followings, to the new account. All you have to do is open Spotify Web Chat, verify your identity with Spotify and request them to transfer the ownership to the new account. It's really easy and barely takes 5 minutes. I am attaching a hyperlink below, which will take you directly to the Spotify contact page. There is absolutely nothing to worry about, I'm positive your problem will be solved. 

Spotify Contact  

Hope I could help you out with your problem. If I did, I would be glad if you could mark this post as a solution.

If there is anything else you'd like me to help you with, please feel free to text back.

Thanks and cheers!

Have a great day ahead

Hey there @Orhame and @user-removed, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

As @user-removed suggested, it's a good idea to log in to your originally created account. This way you can cancel the unwanted subscription by following the steps described here.  

In case you forgot the credentials of your first account, follow these ways to find other accounts

If you can’t access the account, try resetting your password or get in touch here by choosing Subscription > Other > I STILL NEED HELP.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

I think I have two accounts by mistake

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to head to this article and give the steps mentioned there a go. That way you can check if you have another account.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts