Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't join a Duo plan

Solved!

Can't join a Duo plan

Plan: Duo

Device: Mac, PC, iPhone

My wife recently set up a Duo account and sent me a registration link to join it. Visting the webpage from the link brings me to a screen saying "There was a problem. Please try again later." (this has been happening for the past 24 hours).

Logging into my own account doesn't give me the option to enter / check my home address anywhere, so I can't join the plan that way either.

What am I missing here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

We eventually managed to get it working:

• Wife logged in to Spotify on iPhone
  • Wife re-sent Duo invitation via Facebook Messenger link
  • I clicked on the link (on laptop) and was prompted to confirm my address
  • Entered postcode, selected address, and was added to Duo plan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have the exact same problem.

I had Spotify Premium Family and my girlfriend signed up for Duo. We decided I should join her subscription and I'm experiencing the same problem as thread starter.

I have cancelled my subscription and have tried logging out of all devices and tried anonymous browser and using location and manual address lookup. 

Update from me:
Yesterday I still had problems joining Duo, but now it worked. I don't know if this was related to me cancelling my Family subscription yesterday and it needed some time to fully register the changes or some random luck.

We are having the exact same issue for a month now. We tried all of those things and automatically get “There was a problem” we thought maybe since the new month was starting up it was correct itself but no such luck. Haven’t had any luck at all and not sure what to do. 

I think we only tried the recommended steps in trying to make it work (again and again), like cancelling my subscription, using private browser, making sure both user profiles were registered to same country and also making sure the new Duo subscription was confirmed and paid for. 

The last point I read about here on this forum where it is not very clear in the user interface when the subscription is ordered and paid for and several ppl got it working after finishing this.

Good luck! 

Marked as solution

We eventually managed to get it working:

• Wife logged in to Spotify on iPhone
  • Wife re-sent Duo invitation via Facebook Messenger link
  • I clicked on the link (on laptop) and was prompted to confirm my address
  • Entered postcode, selected address, and was added to Duo plan

Suggested posts