[Canada] Troubles Redeeming Google Home Mini

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: Google Home Mini Order Cancelled By Google

StephenP94
Regular

Just got a reply from spotify that was very vague and didn't address my issue at all. Please see below:

" Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you're trying to redeem the Google Home Mini offer you much have a full-price, individual, and recurring Premium subscription. 

If you're on a Premium trial, you can claim your Google Home Mini when your trial is complete and you've started your full-price subscription.

We're also aware people are experiencing a delay recieving an email with next steps for redeeming the offer. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thanks "

2 people liked this

Re: Unable to Claim Google Home Mini

xcalibur2572

I logged in and was told that I was not eligible for the offer, but I could upgrade to Spotify Family.  When I contacted Support, I found out it was because I have gift cards applied to my account.  What a crock!!  GCs are the same as cash. Spotify has the money.  My account has a credit card on file, which will be charged when the GCs run out.

It is  sad that I have to wait until May 3 and hope that I can get in on the deal before supplies are gone and the offer ends on May 9.

What a way to alienate your customers.  Apple Music may not be such a bad idea.

xcalibur2572

5 people liked this

Re: Can't Redeem Free Google Home Mini - Canada

glitch_kitten
Casual Listener

I am experiencing the same thing. Also have been a premium subscriber for many years. It said earlier:

"Thank you so much! You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer." 
then when you click check availability it states "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."
So I'm unsure if this places one in a queue for the mini or if this is a common issue across the board for all premium subs?
Will I be recieving an email or message with the code to redeem when the issue is resolved? 

4 people liked this

lunapyan
Casual Listener

Following up on my initial post, several hours later...I still have the same error and there's been no email from Spotify. 

I double-checked my subscription, it's the standard Spotify monthly 9.99 :( feeling a bit bummed.

2 people liked this

Free Google Home Mini - Say's already redeemed! NOT TRUE! - Help!

BritishBeefUK

I received the email offering me a free Google Home Mini for having Premium for Family. Awesome I thought. Clicked on the link to claim. Received the email to say my free Google Home Mini was ready to claim.

I clicked through and logged in and found myself at the Gopogle Home Mini order page. I added it to my basket and it said that promo code would be added at checkout. 

Went to checkout and the code didn't appear and cost was full price (£49.99). It would seem that a lot of people have been having this issue judging by posts omn this forum.

So I contacted support via the contact page and then started a back and forth with Spotify Customer Service via email.

They were very prompt at answering my replies and I was impressed. They asked me to try several things but still no code applied at checkout so no Google Home Mini.

Support then advised me that teh promo code could be found at the end of the URL that was in my email claim link and suggested I manually enter that into the promo field.

I tried this and a message came up saying code already redeemed??!!!

Now this is not possible as I have not succesfully claimed for a free Google Home Mini. If I had, I wouldn't be asking for help on email with Spotify!

As soon as I replied to explain, Spotify's response was:

'it looks like the code you’re trying to redeem has already been used. With that in mind, you won’t be able to receive a Google Home Mini device for this promotion, and we won’t be able to provide you with a replacement code.

If there’s anything else we can help you with, let us know.'

I since replied several times and Spotify are now ignoring me.

I'm DISGUSTED with the way this promotion has been handled. It looks like it's a complete farce. I have been a Premium Family member for many years and this is how they treat a loyal customer?

1 person liked this

Re: Cannot Claim Google Mini

scsparcrow
Music Fan

Yep, same here.  I sent a message to Spotify support with my cancelled google store order and my promo code that Google Store helped me find in the browser address (which was supposed to be automatically applied but wasn't).  Same thing system thinks I have already used the code.  I explained all in the message explaining they need to supply a new code to enter manually.  I got back a reply which generically mentioned about needing recurring Premium subscription, not on trial, and something about a delay receiving emails with next steps for redeeming offer... none of which applies here as far as I can tell.

4 people liked this

LethalJayQ

I just purchased it as well, but i never got the email nor a link to claim the google mini, anyone have a solution? 

googlemini.png
1 person liked this

markmartin

Yea me to such bs 

8 people liked this

Re: Can't Redeem Free Google Home Mini - Canada

Jean_Xibuta
Casual Listener

So while logged into my account I get this:

Thank you so much!
You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.
Check availability.

When I click the link (while logged in to my account) I get :

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

3 people liked this

Jean_Xibuta
Casual Listener

So while logged into my account I get this:

Thank you so much!
You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.
Check availability.

When I click the link (while logged in to my account) I get :

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

SUGGESTED POSTS