Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone, PC

Operating System

iOS, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When going to https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/redeem/ to redeem my google home mini, after being a premium subscriber for years, I am greeted with "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." 

I notice this seems to be an ongoing issue for US customers and also can't help but notice I never received an email advertising this promotion.  This seems like a huge attempt to grab new customers while shafting your existing ones pretending like it's an error or bug when it is simply just not part of your plan to accomodate existing customers.  Please provide a solution and not just links to the same redeem pages over and over which seemed to be all that was done for US customers.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

I just wanted to confirm what a few other users have already said in this thread: the offer in Canada ended early on 17 April.

Apologies for any confusion!

Take care 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey all,

So we've currently launched the Google Home Mini offer for US citizens. Both Premium Individual and Premium Family users can apply. Users that have the Student Discount are not eligible.

You can find detailed info about the offer here.

If you live outside of the US we recommend keeping an eye out for any future offers we might have. In the meantime we will be closing this topic as not to confuse users with info from previous offers.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

385 Replies

Plan

Premium Family

Country

UK

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I recently switched from Google Play Music Family to Premium for Family which came with the promotion of a free Google Home Mini.

I received the link to redeem my Google Home Mini, followed it, placed the order with Google and everything seemed fine. Shortly after, Google cancelled the order stating that there was something wrong with the promotion code provided by Spotify.

I then contacted Spotify about the issue. After a few days they came back to me saying that the problem is with Google, but Google is saying that the Spotify promotion code is inherently wrong. On top of that, Spotify is not willing to give me a full refund of Spotify Premium even though I have never received the promoted item that was advertised with the subscription.

I am £15 short and without the advertised product. Anyone has had an experience like this? Should I just switch back to Google Play Music / YouTube Music?

Kind Regards,

Aki

Hi there - interesting to hear that you had the same issue.  I placed the order for my free google mini - having taken out family premium - the order was accepted and a delivery date given.  24 hours later the order was cancelled by google store with no reason given.  I contacted Google and they didn't know why it was cancelled but said it 'might' be to do with payment issues (on a free promotion?) and to contact spotify.  Spotify said they couldn't issue me another promotional code and to take it up with google.  It's  really bad customer service - about 12 emails later between the two companies and neither of them doing anything about it.

So I wouldn't believe the free google mini offer - think it is just a scam to help you make that final decision about going for premium.  Really let down as haven't used Spotify premium before and thought it would be good - obvioulsy not!

Plan

Premium family 

Country 

Uk

My Question or Issue  

Signed up for Premium Family earlier because of the free Google home mini offer, got the email to say that it is available and ready to order, only to find that it's out of stock, are they planning to restock soon, or has Spotify just pulled a bait and switch?  

Obviously I'm not happy about this, as the free Google home mini is one of the main reasons I chose Spotify over its competitors. 

Same issue. Commenting to see replies.

I have the same issue.

When I go on the normal website to purchase a google home mini, it says that the chalk version is in stock but when I try to redeem my google home mini through spotify, it says "coming soon". 

Hopefully it actually comes soon. 

Edit : Can someone please let me know if they could successfully redeem their google home mini

I have signed up for premium account becuase of the Google Home Mini offer.  When I was planning to redeem the Google home, it says the code has already used.... why?...Does that mean i just sign up for premium for nothing? I never redeem anything yet. Please help!

Hi. I successfully soon ordered the Google home mini. I think it just needed a bit of time. 

I was originally trying from my computer and after a while tried it on my phone, which is when it worked. 

Quite interested to use the Google home mini. 

• Yeah, it seems to be back in stock now. 

Plan

Free

Canada

Device

iPhone 8p

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I purchased premium using my facebook account for google home mini (not gmail email address). and the webpage states that 'you've reserved the google home mini" but you dont have an emial address associated to the account (becuase its a facebook account,  i cant even change the email). so i signed up using gamil, and now have a new account.  but do i have to purchase premium again for my new account or can i merge my two accounts to get the premium for the new gmail account? and i cant seem to connect facebook to my new account using the desktop app. can i still get my google home mini?

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 6.25.28 PM.png

hey i tried to get the code for the google home mini and i cant seam to find it been a spotify premium for 3 years now

Country

UK

Plan

Premium for Family

I recently switched to Premium for Family which came with the promotion of a free Google Home Mini.

I received the email regarding my Google Home Mini being ready, however, when I clicked on the link to redeem, it says 'We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.'

I then contacted 'Customer Support' and they said the code has already been used and I will not receive my Google Home Mini, which is ridiculous because I don't even know what the code looks like.

As a customer I feel pretty scammed right now.

Anyone else the same?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I received the email for Spotify's free Google Mini promotion, which is the link I followed to place my order. Once place, I realized that I had been charged and that the promotion was not applied to the order, so I cancelled the order. I attempted to place the order again, through the same link making sure that the promo was applied this time, but once my order was placed, it was automatically cancelled. When I try to claim the promotion, it says I have already redeemed it, when in reality I haven't. What should I do? How can I get a new promotion code?

**I reached out to Google support to see what they can do, which they confirm the promotion code was not applied in the first order, but they said I would need to contact Spotify for a new promotion code.

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Windows Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I just bought spotify premium, when I go to redeem it, it says that I'm not able to redeem at the moment.

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone SE/Macbook Pro

Operating System: iOS Mojave 10.14.3

My Question or Issue:

Attempting to claim Google Home Mini in-line with offer for premium account in Canada. When I click into the link (https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/googlehome/register/) I continue to get either a Gateway Timeout or another error.

2019-04-10_1046 Error.png
2019-04-10_1054 Gateway Timeout.png

I'm having the same problem 😞 On Spotify Premium for several months now and I successfully registered, then I get "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment." on the redeem page.

Same issue here, when I finally manage to get through without an error, it just tells me that I can't redeem at this time. I'm hoping there's just a backlog and it will get sorted out.

I am having the same problem.  Two of my friends were able to get them after I had already tried, but mine just keeps saying "We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

So while logged into my account I get this:

Thank you so much!
You've already successfully registered your interest in this offer.
Check availability.

When I click the link (while logged in to my account) I get :

We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment.

Been a premuim member for over a year.  The page was also timing out this morning

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

Haven't received emails re Free Google Mini.
I tried the link "Check Availability" and been receiving this message:
"We're sorry but you're not able to redeem at this moment."

Are there any other extra steps that I need to make? 

Suggested posts