Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting emails like a new Premium user

Getting emails like a new Premium user

Happy holidays everyone!

I've been using Premium for a few years now, but this month it seems as if my status was reset to a new member. I'm getting onboarding emails about stuff I know well. Here's the timeline:

2017-12-17: the discounted full-year subscription started

2018-12-18: auto-renewed for a montly subscription

2018-12-20: email telling me I can use Premium offline

2018-12-22: email telling me about suggestions, library and personalized playlists

2018-12-24: email telling me I can connect other devices

2018-12-26: email telling me about Discover Weekly

To be clear: I don't mind getting emails from Spotify, so I don't want to unsubscribe, but I'd like the emails to be relevant, and it seems the mailing lists think I'm a new member.

I'm gusssing it has something to do with getting a full-year subscription back in 2017.

5 Replies

Hey @rafal87, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

This seems very odd - and I'll be happy to help you through this.

Can you tell the sender email addresses? Also, any screenshots of (2) of the emails would be helpful so I can take a closer look.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Billy-J, thanks for your response.

The sender of all emails is hello@spotify.com.

I'll attach a couple of screen shots, they're not in English though, so I'm not sure if they'll be helpful. One of them is the Discover Weekly email, and the other one is about connecting with other devices.

connect devices.png
discover weekly.png

Hey there @rafal87,

Thanks for sharing these screenshots in the Community!

These look like they were indeed sent from Spotify. If you're even in doubt, you can always follow the steps provided in this support site article.

Just to confirm, did you recently update any of the settings here? That would explain why you're receiving more emails than usual.

Keep in mind that you can manage what email notifications you want to receive from us in the future, by checking or unchecking the desired notifications in that page as well. You can find more info here.

Hope this clears things up but let us know if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi @Katerina,

I haven't updated any communications settings recently. But I'm no longer getting any unexpected emails, so I guess there's no point in further investigation. Thanks for your response.

Hey @rafal87,

Thanks for letting us know. Let us know if this happens again or if you have any other questions. We're happy to help!

Have a nice day 🙂

Suggested posts