NEXT STEP

How can i see de emails of my accounts associate in my family plan

How can i see de emails of my accounts associate in my family plan

Plan

Premium

Country
Arg

Hi,

How can i see the emails from my associate accounts in my plan?

The only information available i can see is the username.

Thanks.

15 Replies

Hi there @iwolfsdorf,

thanks for posting !

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

You're trying to get the mail address of your Family members ?

Once you've send invites to the plan members and they got accepted, the only info presented to you as the owner are the usernames and not more.

If you wish to make changes on your plan, please visit this info page on the behavior and option of the plan.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @OneByBoo,

thanks for reply.

its possible get any more information of my members in my plan in this case? i wanna see the email of one of them

Thanks

Hey @iwolfsdorf,

Thanks for your question.

As @OneByBoo mentioned, that information isn't visible in your account overview.

The best thing to do is to reach out to the user in question and ask them directly, since this information is kept confidential and can only be acquired from them.

Cheers!

I'm in a similar situation where I'd like to know the email associated with a Premium Family User. I set up a family member account for my 3 year old daughter and I can't recall the email address I used for her, so I have no way to log into her account on any new devices. 

Hey @bsantry,

Thanks for reaching out and searching for the answer you need here.

As @Peter mentioned for security reasons it's not possible for Premium Family managers to see the emails of the individual member accounts.

In your case a possible solution is that If you’ve used the account in question on a Windows or Mac desktop or an Android mobile device, you can find the username with information stored on your device. Once you've located your account's username, you can follow the steps here to access it again.

Keep in mind that Spotify has minimum age requirements. You can check these out here. Iit's possible that Spotify Kids is a more fitting solution for your situation. You can learn more about it here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I don't really know how it'd be a security threat to allow the plan holder to know what the email address is of other people living at the same address... But I can accept that it's a privacy thing. 

I can't find the email saved in any of my password managers unfortunately.

I have downloaded Spotify Kids to my phone for my daughter to use and it is nice, but there's a major factor lacking from it - on iOS at least, it can only cast audio to Airplay devices. While I have Airplay devices throughout my home, in the room she plays in there is a TV with a Roku that she listens to music on, and only the regular Spotify app can cast to that via the Spotify Roku App. Is there plans to add support for Spotify Kids on the Roku app, or a develop a standalone Spotify Kids app for Roku? Until then, I'm stuck streaming my daughter's music through my account and screwing up all of my auto-curated playlists unless I go through the steps to start a private session every time which is cumbersome. 

Hey @bsantry,

Thanks for coming back to us and describing the situation so well!

We understand where you're coming from and will make sure all your feedback reaches the right teams. We always aim to improve and you can be sure that your voice will be heard. You can also create an idea on our board that request Roku support for Spotify Kids. You can learn how to do this here.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

In the meantime a workaround that might work for you is to remove the old account from the family plan and create a new one, which you can use in the room your daughter plays in. If you've found the username of the old account you can transfer it's content using the steps here, so that nothing gets lost 🙂

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is incredibly frustrating. Most of the usernames were autogenerated and just numbers. Without seeing their email there is no way to tell who is who. Why isn't more information available???

Hey,

Add another to the list of folks who think it's pretty dumb to not have all the member emails viewable to the person running the account. Privacy doesn't make sense when the person running it is paying for their memberships and sent it to their email in the first place.

If privacy is considered a serious risk for this use case (and keeping in mind, chances are the family plan owner had to provide the email address originally when inviting them, so shoudl know it already), then how about this as a workaround: show a disguised version of the email address,**bleep**   (for **bleep**). This maintains the privacy of the user, while allowing someone already familiar with the email address to in most cases identify it correctly.

Agree this is crazy you can't see this basic info. What 'security' reasons are going to cause problems when family members are involved?!

I don't like this solution as if I'm the family manager, and someone cannot remember their log in, there should be a way to pull and share the email used for log in. Really dislike that. 

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard from a tech company. The email address is required to be known to invite the family member, therefore it is no longer confidential information and not protected by any US or global privacy standards. Quit making excuses and fix it so administrators can properly manage their accounts.

Totally agree with this. As can be seen by the many examples above, things happen where previously known information is lost or misplaced, and rather than be helpful, Spotify is basically saying "none of your business". This reminds me of a problem I had with Apple, where I forgot the answers to their obscure security questions, and they would not help me reset the account.

I think it is stupid to have a family account requirement to have individual family members have their own email address in the first place. Especially since you require also that the minimum age is 13 years of age. As mentioned above, a family consists of parents and children. Children want to listen to kids' music on their own account login. Also children aged 3. Switching to another account must be as simple as switching users in apps like Netflix or Disney. An account holder (typically the father of mother) must be able to add, delete and limit their kids contents without have to bother creating dummy accounts with secondary email addresses. So just rethink your family account and drop the email nonsense. 

Suggested posts