Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to pay for Premium with iTunes gift card

Solved!

How to pay for Premium with iTunes gift card

I've been a Spotify Premium customer for a few months now, and I've always done my payments through a PayPal account. However, I have a few extra iTunes gift cards laying around that I can use as App store credit on my iPhone. Is there any way I could pay for 2 or 3 months of Premium ahead of time using up that App store credit? I'm also aware paying through the app store is 13$ or so because of Apple's fees, but I still have nearly 50$ of iTunes gift cards that would otherwise be going to waste. Thanks ahead of time for any replies!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Moscow11

Right now subscriptions can not be purchased through the iOS app (via iTunes). In the past during Spotify's introduction offer, users would accidentally subscribe through the app instead of the website causing a lot of confusion. This decision was made to make the offer go more smoothly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

You can still subscribe to premium via http://spotify.com/premium

Tweet from Spotify support on Twitter:

"During our Intro Offer, in-app purchases are not available. Get started with Premium at http://spoti.fi/1qSoQB4"

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/735442901442908160

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

184 Replies

Hey @warlock315

Unfortunately you cannot pay in advance with iTunes, you will have to subscribe via iTunes and pay ever month with the credit on the iTunes account 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

I payed for premium with an iTunes gift card I just bought a throw away credit card so when it ran out of money it used what was in my apple account.

I used to be able to pay Spotify with an iTunes gift card but now it won't let me and I need help! I don't have a credit card either

Same here. I thought I was crazy

Me too! I'm really annoyed!

I'm really angry at this. I've been paying for Spotify premium for months through iTunes credit and now it suddenly isn't working. 😡😤😤😡😡😡😤😡😤😡😤 This better get fixed!

When I press upgrade it just stays on the same page, what's going on ?

Help?

Ill press upgrade to premium and it wont do anything, i also dont have a credit card so with my own money i have to buy a itunes card and put it in like that in that past months its worked but i havent been able to and it sucks. This needs a solution quick.

Exactly my problem Briyon

How do you pay for it though? Like what are the steps?

Definitely switching to iTunes Music

Yah I'm also thinking about doing that next month if his isn't fixed

YO I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM when it says "unlock premium" I tap it and bam nothing and I also have always been using iTunes credit

Hey ladies and gentlemen!

Reading through this thread it seems like you guys purchased iTunes gift cards, added them to your Apple account (iTunes account) and then tried to subscribe to premium via the in-app subscription?

If this is the case and you are still unable to purchase a premium subscription through the in-app subscription, you need to contact apple as they deal with all payments that go through the App Store. 

You can head over here to fix your issue with subscribing via iTunes

If you still have an issue just post here and I'll look into it for you 🙂

i paid 1 month of premium in itunes and still i doesn´t appears that i´m premium in my spotify, help!

i paid 1 month of premium in itunes and still i doesn´t appears that i´m premium in my spotify, help!

Okay, that's great for those who have been a premium subscriber before, but for those who haven't, how the heck do we pay for premium with an iTunes credit!?

It does that for me too

Suggested posts