Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not letting me join my partner's duo plan!

Solved!

Not letting me join my partner's duo plan!

Plan

Duo

Country

Canada

My Question or Issue

My partner, who lives with me, just set up a Premium Duo account and sent me an invite. When I tried to join, it asked me to enter our address, which I did, and it says the countries don't match! I entered the exact same address he put it, he even copy pasted so it would be the same and it still doesn't work! Also, finding this to get help for this issue was a pain, I just need someone to fix the address issue and I had to sign on to this... Can someone just tell me why it's not recognizing the address and please fix this issue, thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @EvelynF 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, considering you've mentioned something about the country, could you double-check if your accounts are both issued in the same country? It's also important that the payment method used to pay for the Duo plan matches the country of the account. 

Also, I recommend that you take a look at this support article to get additional help with the issue you're experiencing:

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @EvelynF 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, considering you've mentioned something about the country, could you double-check if your accounts are both issued in the same country? It's also important that the payment method used to pay for the Duo plan matches the country of the account. 

Also, I recommend that you take a look at this support article to get additional help with the issue you're experiencing:

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @hezorg,
I realized I had originally set up my Spotify account when I was in a different country and simply had to change my country for it to work. So I learned, even if the address I inputted was the same as my partners, you need to check the country listed in your account profile. Thank you for your help and pointing out the now obvious issue!

Happy to know that my answer was useful to you.

And remember that you can count on us, always, when necessary!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0BV9CeaUdGMmPNAxjqnYoU

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I invited my duo partner, her invitation asks her to sign in--she put in her email and asked  to reset her password as she doesn't remember her original gmail password. Spotify indicates they'll send her a reset, but she's now done this several times and never gets a reset link.  We've been at this for some time-with no avail.  APPARENTLY THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT SPOTIFY FOR ASSISTANCE

Hey there @jpreuss1,

Thanks for posting in the Community, we`re sorry to hear about this. 

If you can ask your partner to:

• check their spam/junk folders for the email, to see if the email landed in one of those by mistake.
  • delete some emails from their inbox if possible, and then try to reset the password to see if the reset email arrives.
  • run a search for any incoming email listed from no-reply@spotify.com

Please make sure also that the Spotify domain isn't blocked in their email settings. This can be done in the email Settings > Junk email > check if the Spotify domain is under Blocked senders > then add no-reply@spotify.com in the safe senders and domains list.

It's also worth requesting a new password reset email by using an incognito window or another device. If possible, ask them to try with a different network (a mobile hotspot would do), or with mobile data.

Lastly, here are other ways to reach out to Spotify, and if you need further instructions on the invitation process, check out this article from our support site.

Hope this helped, keep us posted.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts