[Premium] No heart, no dislike button

Solved!

[Premium] No heart, no dislike button

zenomuenich
Regular

Hi,

in Spotify free, in the android app I had a "heart" button and a "dislike" button for each and every song. However, when I switched to premium I just have a "save" button (when listening to radio, there is thumps up and thumps down, I did realize that).

- does "save" mean the same as "heart"?

- why can't I dislike songs anymore?

Cheers, zenomuenich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Tom
Community Legend

Hey @zenomuenich,

Sorry for any confusion here - don't worry, I will try and clear this up.

So, the heart/cross button is in your daily mix, what this does is improves your daily mix, you can view more about that here.

The thumbs up/down is only on Spotify Radio, you can find out more about that here.

Hope this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

10 Replies

phan_times
Community Legend

No you should still have the like and dislike buttons. What type of technology are you using Spotify on. I would close it out and check again, and try reinstall if that doesn't work.

zenomuenich
Regular

Thanks. I re-installed, but it looks the same, see attachment. I use Spotify on a S8 Galaxy with Android 7.0.

Any other suggestions?

Screenshot_20180130-081417.png

phan_times
Community Legend

So this is your daily mix and not a radio station. On the phone click your library and then stations. This will bring you to radio stations where you can like and dislike tracks. 

zenomuenich
Regular

Thanks. I am aware of the thumps up/down buttons in the radio feature.

However, in the free version of spotify I could "heart" or dismiss each and every song in playlists as well. And I am wondering why this is no longer possible.

Solution!

Tom
Community Legend

Hey @zenomuenich,

Sorry for any confusion here - don't worry, I will try and clear this up.

So, the heart/cross button is in your daily mix, what this does is improves your daily mix, you can view more about that here.

The thumbs up/down is only on Spotify Radio, you can find out more about that here.

Hope this helps,

Tom

View solution in original post

zenomuenich
Regular

Hey @Tom_W,

thanks for the clarification.

One thing I am still wondering about: In my discover weekly, I can like/dislike in the windows desktop app, but not in my android smartphone app - is there any explanation for this?

Cheers zenomuenich

Tom
Community Legend

Hey @zenomuenich,

Great question, I just tested that my self and can see that.

I'll get this checked out and I'll get back to you with an explanation!

-Tom

Tom
Community Legend

@zenomuenich,

So this feature is not currently available on mobile, however, Spotify is looking into it. They do not know when this will be released yet though.

I hope this helps 😊

-Tom

zenomuenich
Regular

Thanks for the Info!

Tom
Community Legend

No problem!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

-Tom

SUGGESTED POSTS