Solved!

Using premium accounts activated from gift cards overseas

Plan

Premium from gift card

Country

UK

My Question or Issue

If I purchase a gift card in the UK...

And that gift card is redeemed against a UK account...

Can that gifted premium account then be used overseas, like all other premium accounts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @gazmx,

thanks for reaching out about this !

Gift cards, when valid for use, are considered to be a payment method like any other payment method available for a user.

This means, if you have already redeemed it and your account status is Premium, you'll be able to enjoy your account anywhere in the world as long as you stay a Premium subscriber.

If by any change, the gift card period has ended while you're still abroad, your account will revert to Free and you'll still be able to use the same account (as a Free user) for up to 14 more days before it stops.

I hope this clarifies things a bit better.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @gazmx,

thanks for reaching out about this !

Gift cards, when valid for use, are considered to be a payment method like any other payment method available for a user.

This means, if you have already redeemed it and your account status is Premium, you'll be able to enjoy your account anywhere in the world as long as you stay a Premium subscriber.

If by any change, the gift card period has ended while you're still abroad, your account will revert to Free and you'll still be able to use the same account (as a Free user) for up to 14 more days before it stops.

I hope this clarifies things a bit better.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts