Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deludent Discover Weekly

Deludent Discover Weekly

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

This issue of Discover Weekly was extremely unsatisfiyng, with a lot of cover bands, even songs already recomendded (i track them with Last.fm), and too much songs in swedish. The fact that i listen to many northern Europe bands doesn't mean i like to hear songs in that language. Hope you can fix it

Take a look: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcKFVCiukmEhK?si=b7oOXB_xSOiBERiuM0UP7A

If Discover Weekly is gonna work like this, with almost everything that i already heard, swedish (also repeated) and cover bands, i will abandon Spotify for good.

9 Replies

Sorry to bump the post, but any ideas? I think it's ridicolous that of 30 songs, only 7 were new, not to mention the exagerate swedish (already listened) stuff or the cover bands....

Hey @nighthawk989,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

In this we'd suggest you head here and give the steps @Mihail mentioned a go to check if anything changes.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you, i am sure to not be in private session, and i'm sure to save (or tag as unliked) all the songs of the DW. I will try to unfollow and follow again my playlist. Hope next time it will be awesome as always was. Thanks!

Hey @nighthawk989,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

We're always happy to help and hopefully your next Discover Weekly will be better. Just make sure to follow all the recommendations in the thread mentioned above. The more you use the app, the better recommendations you'll get.

If you have any questions or need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is not solved at all, also this week i am receiving a lot of already disliked songs some years ago, also a lot of swedish and spanish bands. The algorythm seems broken. Hope you could do something because that's inacceptable since i'm paying. If it does not gets fixed for next week i am forced to quit Spotify.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcKFVCiukmEhK?si=d3zA3G6NQjm8yDY0v6pDYw

Hey there @nighthawk989,

Thanks for the reply.

You can go on Mobile to the Artist profile of any band you don't like and click - Don't play this. This way all content from them will be blocked. Disliking songs is not synced across devices currently, so this might explain why you're getting songs you've disliked previously back in your mix.

Note that if you have your account logged on to a device like a home speaker where multiple users play music, you might get songs recommendations that are out of your preferred style.

Hope you find this info helpful.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I always click that Alex, and i always listen the DW via computer, and i don't have any shared users. I just hope this will be solved. I'm not the only one with this issue.

Hi @nighthawk989,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Discover Weekly gives suggestions based on your listening history, if you're not happy with the suggestions, just keep listening to more music you love so the app can continue to learn what you like over the coming weeks and you should see it improve.

In the meantime, you can try the Radio feature, which is another great way to discover new music based on your taste. The perks of Radio is that you select the song, artist, album or playlist to start it from, so you receive recommendations based on that specific item. You can find more info about it here.

We hope this helps. We'll be right here if you need anything else.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi Carlos, i always listen to tons of music, this never happened before. I don't know really what to do, because i keep Spotify mainly for the Discover Weekly. Having 6 or 12 new songs over 30 is not ideal. I don't really know what happened, i simply hope you can fix it. I will listen to music as usual.

Suggested posts