Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Following count displaying incorrectly.

Following count displaying incorrectly.

Plan

Premium

Country

Thailand

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS 14.4)

Hi! I need some help with an apparent bug. My following count is displayed incorrectly on my phone app profile. Following and followers count show up as identical numbers (19 and 19), but this is wrong. After clicking the list to view individual accounts I'm following, the display here is correct (4).

I tried logging back in and out as well as uninstalling and restalling the app, to no avail. I have also tried turning offline mode off and on. I'm wondering if this will resolve itself with time?

Any help is appreciated! 

10 Replies

Hey there! Thanks for asking in the community. I can confirm that sometimes it takes a little bit of time to update your follower/following count. Worry not it is not a bug. In some time it will be updated to the actual number. Hope that helps.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having the same problem, but it says I'm following 377 people and I'm actually only following 16. I've never followed 377.

Hey @fudgealligator,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We're jumping here to add some insights. So, keep in mind that the following number you see on your profile (under your display name) counts both the users and the artist profiles you follow.

We'd like to add that another user had a suggestion to separate the following artists and users. The idea was posted here, so we’d suggest adding your vote in the thumbs up icon and subscribing to it to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Mine is also doing the same thing can anyone help please? 

Hi there @evangelinejohn,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

First of all, we'd like you to take into account the info already mentioned in previous replies in this thread. You can scroll down to take a look. Now, if you still have questions or need any help after that, send over a detailed description of the situation.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ugh. Mine is doing the same thing and the stuff listed earlier doesn't apply to me. My follower list and following list update immediately, but it says I'm following more people than I am. Someone pls help

Hey @ChickenNuggetLuver,

This is odd. Could you log out of the app and back in twice in a row?

This will trigger a manual sync of your settings and should hopefully resolve your issue.

Keep us posted on how things go! We'll be on the lookout 🙂

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks. It updated im pretty sure. My spotify tends to be pretty glitchy and I don't know why. thanks for the help @everyone

it is saying that I am following 6 more people than I should be 

I am following 18, and it says, for some reason I am following 24 people??

Suggested posts