Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to Disable Enhanced

How to Disable Enhanced

Plan Premium

Premium

Country Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9 

All my playlists have been filled with Enhanced recommendations. I read up and found to remove them I just needed to click Enhanced, so I did and a few were removed but the majority remained - so for now the playlists are just about unuseable.

So is there a way to totally disable Enhanced with automatic clean up of everything it has polluted - it's an appallingly intrusive feature to force on customers

Spotify Version 8.6.88.1104

65 Replies

Hey @andyboysprivate,

Thanks for the post.

Enhanced is not enabled on any playlist by default. If you've clicked it by accident, you should be able to revert the playlist to it's original state by clicking Enhanced again, so it's grayed out.

If you see song, which you've not added to your playlists, and the Enhanced option is switched off, we recommend running through the steps in this Article to assure that you're the only one who has access to your account. 

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am using mobile but i dont want enhanced playlists, the problem is that there is no option to switch off enhanced. what do i do?

Hey @1117372216,

Thanks for reaching out about this!

I'd recommend you check out my previous reply. Enhance is not switched on by default on any playlist. If your playlist has songs added to it by the Enhance option, you should see a button above the playlists, which you can click on/ off.

If you don't see such a button, you might want to make sure that nobody else has access to your account on any communal device, like a TV or home speaker, who might have added the songs.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

There is literally no "Enhanced" button. 

Hey there @julianrosati

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

You should be able to find the Enhance button in the mobile app, below the playlist artwork in all the playlists you've created.

If you can't find it, would you mind sending us a screenshot of one of your playlists so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My enhance button is off. Nobody has access to my account but me, and yet still my playlists are having songs added by spotify (with the little green stars button next to them to indicate its a feature of enhance) even tho I double and triple checked that the feature is turned off. This is super annoying and leads me to consider leaving spotify 

Hey @JackieMojica,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We appreciate the time you're taking reporting this issue. However, the enhance option is not active by default in any playlist and should have a button to turn it off. This behavior could be caused by some damaged cache stored on your device. We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful getting rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues. 

If the issue persists and to investigate this case further, could you send us a screenshot or recording where we can see the option turned off but with the songs added? In case you have a video, you can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator

I have the same issue with @JackieMojica, I accidentlly press enhance button in the app and after I have turned it off, my liked playlist sometime still play some new song that have the enhance feature next to the song name ( the 3 stars button ). This is really annoying cause now my playlist is mixed up with songs that I dont like.

Hey @AnhQuan,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to be on the same page and avoid suggesting something already done, would you mind confirming if you've followed the processes mentioned in previous replies?

If so, since we can't replicate the issue on our end, could you include a screenshot or short video where we can see the issue you're mentioning? Remember that you can attach it with the options mentioned previously. This will give us a better look at the issue

Lastly, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

My Liked Song list is enhanced by default. Even after clicking “Enhance” to disable and  quitting the app, when I click “Liked Songs,” the list is still enhanced. Please advise

Hey @makmandy,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you please check out the previous response by @OscarDC and send over the requested info, so we can investigate further?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator

I am experiencing the same issue. My Liked Songs playlist keeps defaulting back to Enchanced even after i disable it. Video included shows me disabling the feature multiple times only to have it be automatically reenabled. 

0677DC08-F130-4930-ACC9-4C9F5DDC9262.gif

Hi @darrenmolloy1,

Thanks for sharing this .gif!

Interesting. Have you tried logging out, then signing back in twice in a row? This triggers an internal refresh of the app that may help here. If possible, you can also try logging in to another mobile device (a friend's or a relative's would do) to see if the same behavior occurs there.

It's also worth performing a clean reinstall of the app, if you haven't already. Just follow the steps in this article.

In case the issue persists, please share the following so we can investigate further:

• Your device's make, model and OS version
  • The version of Spotify you're running, found in the app's Settings > About
  • All troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

we'll disable it but every time we go back to our liked playlist library it keeps turn back on

While dead, I would like to respond to this for other ios users coming to this thread. First Specs:

Phone: Iphone 13 max

Version: ios 14.06

Spotify: Premium

The issues stopped when i  uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of the application.  logging out and back in did not solve the issue.

This is incorrect. Enhanced will turn itself on every time you enter the playlist regardless if you turned it off before exiting 

I'm having the same issue. Turning off Enhance and then it turns itself back on. I've tried all of the above. Really really annoying, please fix. 

Hey @mrgrieves95 & @Toocoolvro,

@Theaudioguy has mentioned that reinstalling the app has fixed the issue for them.
Could you try doing a complete clean reinstall as shown here?

Let us know how it went, we'll be on the lookout for your response 🙂

VasilModerator

The same problem occured for me. My playlist was enhanced on mobile but I couldn't find an "enhanced" button. To fix this, go on a laptop or desktop, and log into the desktop version simultaneously with your phone/tablet. I was able to see the "enhanced button" this way. Hope this helps!

Suggested posts