How to block an artist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify is recommending an artist with music that is very offensive to me in my playlist radio. No matter what I change in this playlist, the artist keeps showing up and it isn't even the same genre as the rest of my music. How do I keep this artist from ever appearing to me at all?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

You can block artists on Mobile. Go to an Artist profile > click the 3 dot menu > Don't play this.

Turning on this option will block content from that artist across all devices. Note that if the artist is featured in a song/ album from another artist it might still be playable.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hi there @2074red2074,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Currently the option to block an artist from being played can only be enabled on phone or tablet (iOS or Android).

In order to do so, just follow these steps:

1. Head to the “Artist” page you no longer wish to listen to
  2. Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner
  3. Tap the “Don't play this artist” option from the drop down menu

Afterwards, songs by this artist will no longer be playable on your device and any tracks by the artist included in a playlist will automatically be skipped.

Note: his setting is not carried over on other devices and is not available on desktop devices. 

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Well no, that's not helpful at all. You've just told me that there is no way to fix this problem.

Hi @2074red2074,

thanks for reading my advise !

You can use this feature across the optional devices it appears on to help your general account recognize the artists you do not want to listen to.

Make sure you're logged in to the right account (in case you have more than one) and follow the instructions provided on my last post.

Furthermore, if you wish promoting the suggestion to allow this feature on other devices, feel free to do so on the "Ideas" section of the community.

If you're unsure of how to do so, you can read all about it here.

Another important thing is that if you have any doubts regarding your feedback, please read all about how it reaches the right Spotify factors here.

I would live to assist more if anything comes up 🙂

So I can piecemeal block an artist on my phone, but expect the same scumbag artist to show up again on my desktop?

What is it gonna take for you to add this at the account level?

Its Spotify, It will never happen. They don't understand the definition of listing to theire customers or common sense.

This option is not available in the desktop player. Please provide helpful information how to block an artist in desktop app or web player. That would be very helpful. Please also consider just stop to recommend crappy "artists" at all, lol 😛
I used to be a happy spotify listener ... but not anymore.
Please take your customers needs seriously!

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

As some of you mentioned, at the moment, the option to block an artist from the desktop app is not available. 

However, other users also think this would be a good idea to see in the app. In this case, you can add your +VOTE and comments to this thread. We'd also recommend subscribing so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news we have about this.

If you have any other questions, we'll be right here!

KaterinaModerator

This shouldnt need a vote, its a basic feature. This is asinine making the customer jump through hoops for you to give the bare minimum of features.

Spotify is becoming worse all the time. Now even this solution has been removed for some unfathomable reason. Dislike and "never play anything like this ever again" is just as important a button as the like button is. I don't understand why they try to hide these things.

Doesnt work! it doesnt show block artist. In addition i cant upload a pictue and this forum is programmed so badly

Hey @RubinDublone593,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you try again uploading the picture? You can attach the image to your next response using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hey @RubinDublone593,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Currently there is no option to block an artist from being played on a PC. 

You can head to this add your +Vote and Subscribe to the thread so you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

In case an artist is still being played after blocking them on your phone, we'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

This sucks, why remove the "block artist" feature????! Can't I even chose what I pay to listen for anymore? 😛 effin ridiculous - I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription.

I do  not see the option for "not listed to this artist"

Captura de Pantalla 2021-07-26 a la(s) 11.21.22.png

That's my issue. I don't want to hear Marilyn Manson ever again after what he's been accused of. Not on my phone, not on my laptop, not on my desktop.

Marked as solution

Hi folks,

Thanks for the posts.

You can block artists on Mobile. Go to an Artist profile > click the 3 dot menu > Don't play this.

Turning on this option will block content from that artist across all devices. Note that if the artist is featured in a song/ album from another artist it might still be playable.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator

Ok, so how about desktop? Also, why not have it on a song by song basis, when you still have the heart icon too?

Hey @JammiP,

Thanks for the post.

The app has different features on the different platforms. Disliking a song is possible on Desktop in the playlists Discover Weekly and Release Radar. Note that disliking a song is not synced between devices. This means that a song you've disliked on your Desktop might appear playable on your phone. An idea about this has been discussed here.

Blocking an artist is synced across devices.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts