Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Liked Songs library not functioning on Desktop

Solved!

Liked Songs library not functioning on Desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

Britain

Device

Desktop Computer (Intel)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm using Spotify (1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a) and I believe my Liked songs to be corrupted. When I go to my liked songs (1325 songs) it just brings me to a blank screen 

Verracciii_0-1619467497494.png

The liked songs works on my iPhone 11 and I can use my desktop as a device to listen to it on.

Any idea how to fix this? Is this an ongoing issue for anyone else? This has happened ever since the new UI update a month or two back.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So I opened Spotify after seeing your reply, and it seemed to have yet another UI update.

With this update however the liked songs finally work again.

Thank you

The UI in question

Verracciii_0-1619715826541.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @Verracciii,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? Sometimes the cache can lead to different issues.

In case you're using the app from our website, you can download it from the Microsoft store to see if anything changes.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Nice name @Ver!

The clean reinstall managed to fix it.

Sadly I don't have the new UI anymore, however.

Not the biggest issue but that UI was fun.

Hey @Verracciii,

We're glad to hear that the clean reinstall did the trick. 

No worries, we're currently rolling out the new desktop client, so you should be able to see the new interface again soon. 

If you ever need anything else, we're just a post away.

Hace a great day 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks,

On another note, this is the next day, I load up and I am glad to see the new UI back however the previous problem is fully back.

Hey @Verracciii,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

That the clean reinstall did the trick, albeit only for a while indicates that something could be interfering with the integrity of the app files. Could you make sure that Spotify is added as an exception to your Antivirus and Firewall software?

If that doesn't do the trick, you should also check your host files. Even though it was written for another topic, this page has instructions on how to do this.

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

I have the same problem despite the fact that the reinstall haven't done the trick, Spotify desktop on mac os

Marked as solution

So I opened Spotify after seeing your reply, and it seemed to have yet another UI update.

With this update however the liked songs finally work again.

Thank you

The UI in question

Verracciii_0-1619715826541.png

Hi there @Monkey_D_Luffy4,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in? Also, can you confirm if you followed the specific steps in this guide for a clean reinstall? Remember that it's different than a regular reinstall and can help removing any corrupted files that might cause trouble.

Keep us posted.

@Verracciii, we're glad to know it was sorted out. We can confirm that you're running the latest interface of the desktop app.

If you need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

I have done everything as it is described in the guide, i really don't like the new UI it is causing so much problems...

i am also not able to load my profile..

Hey @Monkey_D_Luffy4,

Thanks for your quick reply and confirmation.

We're sorry to hear you feel that way. We suggest restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a couple of minutes. If that doesn't do the trick, try clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this article.

You can also leave your comments about the New Desktop app in this thread, which is constantly being monitored by the right folks as your feedback helps us to keep improving the app and the overall experience.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

am i running the newest version with 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a ? 

im not able to load my liked songs, my profile and the playlists on the left side do not show up as before..

im using the Spotify desktop app on mac os 

Hey @Monkey_D_Luffy4,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You should be able to upgrade to a newer version that was recently released. Could you run a clean reinstall once more and share the version you get displayed afterwards?

We'd also appreciate it if you share a screenshot of the issue as well. Also, does this happen on any other devices or with our web player

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts