Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files wont Sync from Windows to iOS

Solved!

Local Files wont Sync from Windows to iOS

Plan

Premium- Individual Plan

Country

USA

Device

PC and iOS

Operating System

Windows 11 and iOS 16

My Question or Issue

When I add songs from local files to a playlist on my computer, then add those local files to a playlist, they show up on my phone as well, but can only be played via Windows APP and not the iOS app. So how can I play the mp3 files from my PC on my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Pixelplayz2215,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch. We'll gladly explain a bit more.

The way Local files work has changed recently. The synchronization between files from PC and your mobile device over the network is no longer available. In order to play them in your Spotify app, the audio files need to be physically present on your iPhone's storage. You have to upload them on your phone and store them locally.  

Follow the steps in this FAQ and you will be able to access them shortly. 

We hope this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Pixelplayz2215,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch. We'll gladly explain a bit more.

The way Local files work has changed recently. The synchronization between files from PC and your mobile device over the network is no longer available. In order to play them in your Spotify app, the audio files need to be physically present on your iPhone's storage. You have to upload them on your phone and store them locally.  

Follow the steps in this FAQ and you will be able to access them shortly. 

We hope this shines some light on the situation. Let us know if you have any further questions.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

So although this works! When I add them to my liked songs, like 4 out of the 6 songs show up as a RED downloaded icon instead of Green. Only 2 of the local files download properly. Anything about that?

Nevermind. all I did was reset the discord app and now it's all downloaded. Thanks!

Suggested posts