Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

Spotify is introducing a new version of the Your Library view to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. When you open up the Spotify mobile app you will see this new view. 📱

Check out this Spotify news article for more information:

Listeners Can Explore Their Spotify Collections Faster and Easier With a New ‘Your Library’

This thread is your go-to destination for getting an overview of what's new, asking questions, getting help for issues you might have, as well as to share your feedback on this new version of Your Library. Also, do you have any tips for other users on how you are using the new Your Library? We'd love to hear them.

What's new?

• See your entire collection in one simple list
  • Dynamic filters and better sort options for your collection
  • Pinned library items to find your favorites, faster
  • More control at your fingertips with a new grid view
  • Universal search allows you to search through your entire collection and see your recent searches
  • Faster settings navigation allows you to tap on your profile picture to get to settings faster
  • Get to your downloads, faster

Here is a walkthrough of what's new:

One simple list:

Your Library is now one simple list. At the top, tap on the filters to filter the content you want to see and tap on the sort options to change the sort order of the list. To create a new playlist, tap on the + (plus) symbol at the top right corner.

NYL21OneList.PNG

Dynamic filter options:

At the top, tap on the filters to filter the content you want to see. Tap on the X and then chose another filter to see another type of content. Having no filter selected will show all types of content in the list.

• Playlists
  • Artists
  • Albums
  • Podcasts & Shows
  • Downloaded

NYL21Filter2.png

Sort options:

At the top, tap on the sort options to change the sort order of the list.

• Recents
  • Recently added
  • Alphabetical
  • Creator

And in the "Playlists" filter view, you'll have this option to see your playlists in your own order like in the desktop app and web player:

• Custom order

NYL21Sort2.png

📌 Pinned library items:

If you tap and hold on the screen on any item in the Your Library list or swipe right on it, an option will show up allowing you to pin it and it will stay at the top of the Your Library list.

You can pin anything in Your Library such as playlists, playlist folders, artists, albums, and podcasts. The limit is 4 pinned items. You can unpin "New Episodes" to free up a pin and still get to that using the "Podcasts & Shows" filter or by searching for it. Same with "Liked Songs", you can unpin it and still get back to it at the top of the "Playlists" filter when it is sorted by "Custom order" or by searching for it. You can also pin the "Your Episodes" list to the main library view in addition to the "New Episodes" list if you also want to be able to access "Your Episodes" from the main library view without having to filter to "Podcasts & Shows" first.

To pin more playlists when you run out of the 4 item pins, you can make a playlist folder in the desktop app or web player and then move multiple playlists inside it and then pin the folder in the mobile app. Then tap on the folder at the top and there you go, easier access to all the playlists in that folder and that can be your 4th pin. However, you can't pin a specific playlist if it is in a folder, so you will need to pin the folder instead. Tip: In the desktop app or web player you can also move playlist folders inside of another playlist folder. That means you can pin a playlist folder that contains a whole bunch of other playlist folders if you want to get super organized.

To easily find the item you want to pin, the best way is to use the universal search. At the top of Your Library, tap on the search icon and search for the item you want to pin. The universal search searches your entire library for playlists, playlist folders, artists, albums, podcasts and also shows you your recent searches.

NYL21Pinned2.png

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

Grid view:

Are you a visual person? You're in control. With the new grid view you can view Your Library with bigger artwork if that's your jam. This is great for when you're on the go or in the car so you can find what you're looking for faster. To switch to the grid view, tap on the squares icon to the right. Tap on it again to go back to the list view.

NYL21GridView.PNG

Universal search:

The new universal search can be accessed by tapping the search icon at the top right corner. The new search allows you to quickly search through your entire library for playlists, playlist folders, artists, albums, and podcasts without having to go to a specific content section.

NYL21UniversalSearch.PNG

Recent searches:

The new universal search also shows you your most recent Your Library searches so you can quickly get back to what you previously searched for.

NYL21RecentSearches.PNG

Faster settings navigation:

Tap on your profile picture in the top left corner to get to settings faster.

NYL21Settings.png

Downloads: (Requires Premium)

When you are in offline mode you'll see your downloaded content faster upon app launch in the home tab.

NYL21DownloadsHome.PNG

In Your Library, tap on the "Downloaded" filter either in the main list view or after tapping on a filter to view your downloaded content.

NYL21Download.PNG

NYL21DownloadedCombined.PNG

How the new version of Your Library (iOS & Android) evolved over time during testing:

When the new version of Your Library on mobile was being tested with users, a few of the main points of feedback were the following:

• Add a custom sort option for the playlists filter like in the old library view
  • Add a way to see a feed of new podcast episodes like in the old library view

These two options were added during the testing phase. Other points of feedback were also made by users during the test, but Spotify is always looking to improve the app so hopefully the new library experience will improve over time.

I personally like being able to see my playlists in the same custom sort order I have them arranged in the desktop app, so I was glad to see that issue was addressed. A bonus feature was also added which is the ability to pin a few of your favorite items to the top of Your Library. I really like being able to have my favorites one tap away at the top of my library. A few other new features that I like are being able to quickly search through my entire library, being able to see my library in a new grid view, and being able to get to settings right from the library view.

Now that the new version of Your Library on mobile is rolling out to all users, what do you think? You can leave your feedback as a reply in this thread. If your feedback is suggesting certain changes, it is best to also post each individual idea in the Community Idea Exchange where users can vote and comment on your ideas and it'll be easier to track each idea. You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
426 Replies

The latest Android messed up artist profiles. Now everything is sorted under "Singles" and the "Albums" section is empty...This is all so **bleep**ed up...

I found the answer to my question. It seems that my version won't show the stories. That's a shame, because it looks like a fun feature, but it's not worth giving up a functional library view. I really enjoy these kinds of things like Wrapped, but for everyday use I really don't want all the extra sorting all the time.

I absolutely hate the latest update. It makes no sense having my podcasts and music all jumbled together. It's very annoying that I can no longer sort podcasts by episode release date which is what anyone who listens to several different podcasts would want. (yes I know there is a category of new episodes but it's not the same) The fact that there is no longer a list of just my downloaded podcasts episode is extremely inconvenient. Why should I have to go to each individual episode, slecet view downloads, and only then I can see what episodes from only that podcast I've downloaded. How impractical. The old way was so much better! I used to download a few episode from different podcasts and then be able to quickly find them with 1-2 clicks and could choose whatever episode I felt like listening. It was quick and easy. This new UI is terrible. Whoever created it doesn't listen to a variety of podcasts. Why make things so complicated when it was working great and smoothly before? 

I'm so frustrated if it remains like this I'll have to start using a different app for podcasts. 

Absolutely right!  My library was very well organized, folders > subfolders > playlists.  Everything was sorted alphabetically. Now it's a complete mess and we are unable to sort playlists (f.i. alphabetically) in a folder or in a subfolder.  Even subfolders are at random order now.  What a joke.  Why the **bleep** do they NEVER TEST these things BEFORE (!) ??

Spotify: YOU HAVE FAILED YOUR CUSTOMERS.
Below, 322 angry replies (323 including mine). Who is in charge of taking such terrible and dumb decisions?
Besides on your post you mention "...see your entire collection in one simple list...". Well, it's not one simple list, it's just an enumeration of objects. I we would have a REAL ONE SIMPLE LIST, then we would be able to SHUFFLE OUR ENTIRE MUSIC LIBRARY. But....it's been years and we still can't listen to our complete library. We have to manually copy everything to a big playlist, absolutely awful.

For everyone replying with how much they dislike this update: go vote on this idea! Allowing users to select a default method of sorting would address a lot of my frustrations, and many of those in this thread. I'd love to see this idea get some more traction it could be implemented, and while it's ridiculous to have to beg for a solution to a problem that had already didn't even exist pre-update, this feels like the best path forward.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Your-Library-Pin-a-filter-type-to-make-it-the-def...

Please add a chronological filter for the Podcasts. I believe that's an easy fix that the people will really appreciate. 

I totally agree... I used to have everything grouped by purpose/event, and now have playlists I use as a teacher mixed in with everything else and they are hard to find now!

I don't know if I've missed something? I download podcast episodes and now they get added to a playlist, but once I've listened to it, not only do I have to delete the file, but also remove it from the playlist, really? Also the interface feels so bloated and confusing now.

While my phone is in vertical view, I can't see all filters and what's worse, I can't side-scroll to them either.

Screenshot_20210612-133535_Spotify.jpg

I just really want to be able to see my playlists again in the order i put them in. I have hundreds of playlists and it took me soooo long to order them exactly the way i wanted them to and I don't want to view them in alphabetical order or "recently added " order. 

Completely agree.  Current iOS update 8.6.30 does not show your elaborated custom order (maybe from another previous one, I update manually every 3 months).

Desktop app 1.1.59.712 on Mac still has the custom order.  I’m not updating it in case it also disappears here.

Please give the option to keep custom order.

STOP, just STOP making Spotify a terrible app to use. Just press CTRL-A --> DEL on your source code and start over. Done with this **bleep**!

Oh and stop censoring this forum, c.r.a.p is not a curse word! Holy....

Please give us the option to customize the order of playlists. I spend way too long looking for my playlists.

I've loved Spotify for years and never had a reason to register, but this new update is so awful I'm gonna be cancelling my subscription and finding a new app. I just want separate libraries for Playlists and Podcasts, and somehow the new update ruined downloads so that I need to be connected to wifi to listen to downloaded music, which defeats the purpose of downloading. This has been super disappointing, if Spotify doesn't fix the issue soon I'm deleting cause it'll prove Spotify doesn't care about its customers. Whoever was in charge of this update really **bleep** up

also s c r e w e d up isn't a curse word, why is it censored 

PLEASE give back the descriptions for daily mixes!!! Please!!!

Are you sure downloads don't work? I just tried by switching off my WiFi and mobile data and it seems to work; is there anything else that you are doing? This would be really big if downloads don't work. 😞

Why do the playlists in folders not get sorted by the filter? Currently I can't find any playlists in my folders because they are sorted by recently played.

This was not a problem just after the new update, and is now a problem.

Suggested posts