Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A71, Windows 10)

Operating System

(Android)

My Question or Issue

I got emails saying my playlists had been taken down. Below is the text of one of the emails:

'Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

(Playlist url code)
Regards,

Spotify'

The big question is: What is it about? What was the violation and why am I allegedly in breach of Spotify's Terms and Conditions of Use?

I've been using Spotify on the Premium plan for years, and that's just now (and with my biggest playlists). They lost their name and photo. My playlists have become the second largest in the category they are in, so I have strong suspicions that the takedowns are due to malicious reports.

I humbly and kindly ask for an explanation of what happened and why it happened and a solution.

Sincerely,

Lucas.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in the Community. We're sorry to see that you've been having these issues.

If you read pour Terms and conditions and your playlist/playlists don't break them we recommend that you head over to this idea. You can give it a like a Subscribe to it so that you don't miss any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

171 Replies

Just curious, what happened to this? I also got the same issue right now and I have no clue what's happening.

I really don't know. After this post, the takedown has stopped.

Same problem

Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in the Community. We're sorry to see that you've been having these issues.

If you read pour Terms and conditions and your playlist/playlists don't break them we recommend that you head over to this idea. You can give it a like a Subscribe to it so that you don't miss any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else in the meantime.

Have a great Friday and start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey Jeremy. Thank you for your help.About 10 hours of sreaming.I don't  really understand how it works. With my account I have to loop the music from my playlist for 10 hours right? But without restoring the name and the picture of my playlist or first I rename the playlist attach the picture and do the loop of 10 hours? Thank you again

This has happened to me over a dozen times in the last 2 months and it's very irritating. I think you're correct in that someone is maliciously reporting it. My playlist has a little over 2,000 followers and I think someone is doing the same to me.

Is the takedown of playlists somehow moderated. It feels like it isn't at all. Someone abuses this feature to take down my most subscribed playlist

spotify:playlist:4qxWY4HwH3SjqstXeas9xO

Neither the title of the playlist "Lovecraft and Cthulhu inspired music" nor the cover image are neither trademarked nor copyrighted. The words "Cthulhu" and "Lovecraft" both aren't protected and the image I used is under the CC zero / public domain license without the need to credit the creator. How can Spotify stop this abuse? Apparently someone wants to push their own playlist before Halloween which is pathetic but this is how the world is rolling so: do you even check copyright infringement etc or is it an easy to abuse automation? 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12

My Question or Issue

i made a playlist of music for my kid to listen to while I’m driving them places, from The Cure to My Chemical Romance.

lots of goth, emo, grunge, punk, etc. I named it “(my kids name) Emo Playlist”. I keep getting emails that the playlist is in violation of content policies and it keeps deleting the name of the playlist. Why is this? 

Hey Jeremy, this just happened to me and i'm unsure how to fix it. Could you help bring my playlist back?

They takedown my playlists many times, but I always put the name and the photo again. So, after some time, they have stopped.

I get the same issue, I don’t know why… 

playlist:4ZksqiaaHyscMFYJJK8Vb8

The name of my playlist was removed.

Very strange !

NO PUEDO CREAR MAS PLAYLIST, Y LAS QUE TENGO NO ME DEJA EDITARLAS. CUANDO LES CAMBIO EL NOMBRE ME LO BORRA, LO MISMO SUCEDE CUANDO QUIERO CAMBIAR LA IMAGEN, ME LA ELIMINA, NO ENCUENTRO EL PROBLEMA

This same thing just happened to me with a playlist that had 7,500 subscribers. I think someone with a similar playlist reported it in hopes to get it taken off the search list? My playlist did not violate a single guideline and I want it put back up but Spotify has no customer support for me to reach out to. I’m so upset 😞

Hi Jeremy,

I got the same problem and I keep receiving this exact E-mail . The name and photo of my most subscribed playlist keeps being deleted even if I rename it. I am certain that I am not in violation of your content policies. 

I really hope that you can help me with this.

Sincerely,

Chantal

Hello,
I have been dumbfounded by the same issue and received a similar email,
and there are no violations in my playlist that I am aware of.
What I noticed this morning was that my list has apparently been removed by Spotify???
I am very upset as I have been creating this list for a very long time, and I am completely at loss, as it’s my to go list!
Could you please explain this to me?
Thank you in advance for getting back to me, as I can seem to reach anyone on Spotify about this.

Hey. This literally is not a solution. It does not tell us why this is happening, or how to fix it, or what Spotify is doing going forward to prevent this from happening. Do any humans work at this company?

YzedCarame1_0-1674392901427.png

i think my playlist got deleted? or is this just a bug

I have the same issue. I had a list of 80s and 90s rock and pop, and it was my only 'popular' list. And it was deleted, without explanation, just an e-mail saying:

"Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

spotify:playlist:3tMXCkvP5kh32qeenVeMnl

Regards,

Spotify"

I am getting the same issue with one of my playlists which had 671 likes so I feel kinda bummed that they no longer get to enjoy it 😕 

"Hello,

spotify:playlist:7nY8tb30WSA6N6sobRRQzR

Regards,

Spotify"

This seems to be a weird issue which lots of people have been experiencing recently hopefully they can fix it. Maybe they tried to move to an automated moderation system after laying off a bunch of staff or something hehehe

Suggested posts