Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Record label search

Record label search

It’s great to search for an artist and see their discography, but would be even better to have the ability to search by record label and see their whole catalog. This is where I discover new artists. Please add this feature 🙏

8 Replies

Hi @sub_conscious

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

One way that you can find artists, albums, and songs released by a particular record label is by entering “label:” followed by the name of the record label, in Search.

Note that if you’re using the desktop app and the record label has more than one word in its title, you will need to enter dashes instead of spaces in your Search term.

For example, you can find music released by the Heavy Psych Sounds record label through this search:

label:heavy-psych-sounds 

You can also read about more tips regarding Search in this support article.

In addition, there is a Closed Idea in the Idea Exchange that you may be interested in voting for, about an option to view other releases published by the same record label as a release on Spotify. While the status of this idea is currently “Closed - Not Enough Votes,” it can become an active idea again if it gains sufficient votes.

If this idea is something you’re interested in, I recommend adding your +VOTE to it; the more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here. It will also be useful for you to Subscribe to the idea by clicking the three dots next to its title; that way, you can be sure to be informed of any relevant updates. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That doesn’t work very well or even close to what I described. I want to see the catalog in chronological order just like you do for an artist. This method is weak at best

Hi @sub_conscious,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately, at the moment there isn’t a way to view all the releases from a record label in chronological order.

I recommend adding your +VOTE to the similar Closed Idea that I shared in my previous post; and you can add a comment to it with your suggestion for this potential feature to show a record label’s catalog in chronological order. The more votes an idea gets, the likelier it is that Spotify will implement it, and you can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for pointing me to that! 🤞would love a solution to be implemented. 

Try using the site 

https://m.lbl.fm/

You can search labels with links to spotify

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a start but it doesn't allow you to create a playlist with ALL of a label's discography so it still doesn't solve the problem

This didn't work at all for me. No results.

For instance I am looking for the bhajan collection of Music Today label and not found the albums I am looking for

Suggested posts