Resetting Discover Weekly?

Resetting Discover Weekly?

Any way we can reset Discover Weekly seeds? 

Or maybe update your algorithm for suggestions?

Every week my Discover Weekly is filled with synthpop or sounds of fax machine having an orgasm labeled as dubstep. Or some incredibly repetitive annoying prog rock.

The artists sound all the same and suggestions never improve.

I've been listening to Spotify since 2012 and listen to a very wide variety of music Spotifly's Discovery Weekly only suggests garbage.

It's like it thinks that every week I want to get a fresh dose of Blade Runner wannabe soundtrack made by a fetus with a keyboard, or someone noodling on a guitar string.

Discovery Weekly is a great idea but it needs to be improved, please at least add some sort of a way to change suggestion seeds for more variety.

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Resetting Discover Weekly?

Hey there @resonate_m7,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting here 🙂

Your 'Discover Weekly' should consist of recommendations chosen just for you, based on your listening activity and saved songs from 'Your Library' and playlists. 

The more songs saved in Your Library and playlists, the more personal recommendations you'll get in your 'Made For You' section. You can also tell us what you like and what you don’t like. Head here to find out how.

While there's currently no way to manually reset your listening history and recommendations, we'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. 

You can read more about how the Idea Exchange works here.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
SUGGESTED POSTS