Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Resetting Discover Weekly?

Resetting Discover Weekly?

Any way we can reset Discover Weekly seeds? 

Or maybe update your algorithm for suggestions?

Every week my Discover Weekly is filled with synthpop or sounds of fax machine having an orgasm labeled as dubstep. Or some incredibly repetitive annoying prog rock.

The artists sound all the same and suggestions never improve.

I've been listening to Spotify since 2012 and listen to a very wide variety of music Spotifly's Discovery Weekly only suggests garbage.

It's like it thinks that every week I want to get a fresh dose of Blade Runner wannabe soundtrack made by a fetus with a keyboard, or someone noodling on a guitar string.

Discovery Weekly is a great idea but it needs to be improved, please at least add some sort of a way to change suggestion seeds for more variety.

7 Replies

Hey there @resonate_m7,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting here 🙂

Your 'Discover Weekly' should consist of recommendations chosen just for you, based on your listening activity and saved songs from 'Your Library' and playlists. 

The more songs saved in Your Library and playlists, the more personal recommendations you'll get in your 'Made For You' section. You can also tell us what you like and what you don’t like. Head here to find out how.

While there's currently no way to manually reset your listening history and recommendations, we'd suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea, if this is something you'd like to see implemented in the future. 

You can read more about how the Idea Exchange works here.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You listen to one meditation playlist to fall asleep and bam! nothing but baby time sleep music for months and no amount of hitting the remove button seems to help get it back on track with things I like.

Go to said playlist and click 3 dots then remove from taste profile

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone, Mac

Operating System

iOS, macOS

My Question or Issue

Hello,

The Discover Weekly playlist is a big part of why I love Spotify. It has suggested many great artists and songs over the years. Unfortunately over the past 4-5 weeks it has shifted heavily towards piano music. I acknowledge the fact that I listen to a lot of instrumental music while working - piano in particular - however, my Liked Songs playlist is probably 95% other genres (rock, blues, indie, jazz, etc.).

I tried to exclude the Discover Weekly from my taste profile, but that is not a solution. Now I just "remove" each song from Discover Weekly in the hope that the algorithm will catch that and start to suggest a variety of genres. I am at the point where I get 30 piano/lullaby pieces on Monday morning, which is definitely not a great way to start the week. Also, the pieces are in the 1:30-2:30min range, which creates a disjointed listening experience.

Any suggestions are welcome. Meanwhile, my fallback is the {Song name} Radios.

Similar problem here: on the plus side, Spotify seems to have realized, finally, that I listen to classical music. On the down side, for at least two weeks now, my Discover Weekly has been nothing but. And it‘s such a weird mix, too, including one highly dubious album „Wilhelm Furtwängler - Der Welt‘s Bekanntesten und Bedeutendsten Dirigent“ (must be somebody‘s idea of German?) where the selection ("Violin Concerto" - highly specific, eh?) does in no way match what is actually playing (sounds like Eugene Onegin).
In short: my most enjoyable weekly mixes have had *variety* - don‘t give me all-jazz or all-classical (and especially stuff from dubious sources). And go easy on the Naxos discs, too - more than a third of the selections are from that label!

I have been having issues with my discover weekly not updating to music I listen to on a regular basis. It all started when I used spotify through sonos to play white noise music one night. It has been over 2 months and I'm constantly getting white noise / frequency songs! Super annoying since I always exclude those music from the playlist and have spent hours searching and adding/liking new songs of other genres that I listen to but my discover weekly is still broken.

Whats more of a pain is I had the discover weekly dialed right in with solid playlists week after week!

Any help to "reset" or correct this issue would be greatly appreciated as discover weekly is (was) my favourite playlist 

I have the same or a similar issue. I have used my Spotify account to play lullabys to my daughter every once in a while. I was always impressed that the ganre never made my Discovery Weekly playlists... until it did. I then created a new account in my family plan and for the last months I have only used this new account for lullabys. I listen to a lot of music on Spotify, however, the Discovery Weekly playlist has remained to be 100% lullabys for the last 2 months even though I haven't listened to a single lullaby using the account in that time. This is really annoying. I was really happy with the Discovery Weekly playlists previously - I discovered a lot of good music with it. I'm sad this is no longer possible.     

Suggested posts