What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

gomezzz
Casual Listener

Hello Community,

Could somebody please explain how can I remove the two "Shortcuts" from my Home tab? Please, see the attached screen shot.

I have in Spotify Web, Destkop App, Mobile App.

It just sits there, I don't know why and I would prefer not to have it there.

I have found no way how to remove it.

I do not know the artist, I do not follow the artist, I do not like the artist...

So why do I have a shortcut for that song on my Home tab?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.23.16.png
88 Replies

ET88
Casual Listener
Yes I want to remove my Shortcuts as well
Recently played is all I need.
If Spotify wants to put out suggestions that fine with me but call it suggestions and give me a filter option.

tonysucks
Regular

This is spotify idea of making even more money on top of premium sub. Same with Podcasts. My main screen full of **bleep** i have no interest in listening to, and no way to remove it. I have listening to a podcast and have no interrest to, but now if music ends, starts podcasts instead of similar music. Keep it up and you will lose my monthly fee.

NickBNZ
Visitor
+VOTE

drr_lh8wp-1n5
Casual Listener

It's pretty obvious to me Spotify doesn't care about mental health. They do not want to turn their platform into some kind of "social media" app, yet they have user profiles that you can look up, you can add friends from facebook, etc. I went through some bad emotional stuff and I see this persons playlist on my home page just smacking me right in the face. I do not want to see this, I want a block feature for users and a remove feature for these shortcuts. It is quite absurd to me that this is even an issue. This company has done nothing to care for the mental health of it's users by adding a few very SIMPLE options to their platform. This is a growing issue and Spotify has a chance to show that they care, but they simply choose to ignore everything in an effort to make you listen to**bleep** you do not want to listen to. 

drewcarver

I agree, this this incredibly annoying these shortcuts can't be removed. I now have shortcuts sitting there for podcasts I've unsubscribed to, and a collection of podcasts about psychedelics (wth, no idea why).

Snollebol
Gig Goer

"The app is suggesting content that others with similar music habits listened to. It's content related to radios or other suggested content that the app thinks you enjoyed."

I'm sorry but no, there's no way this can be true. I get intrusive 'suggestions' that are so unrelated to my tastes it's actually ticking me off. Stuff I wouldn't even listen to ironically. I don't want these dumb ads to take up my shortcut spots and I don't want these ads to stare me in the face every single time without me being able to dismiss them.

Adding a 'dismiss' or 'not interested' button would solve this entire thing.

zombieslapper
Casual Listener

I don't think they care. 

My "shortcuts" section shows a country playlist my wife listened to a few weeks ago. She now has her own spotify account and I am left with a southern girl drinking wine on my home page. I don't like that. 

Apple music doesn't seem so bad now.

Gaspoov
Visitor
Yes, this is actually ridiculous. The shortcuts section has had for MONTHS a lot of random stuff I only listened to ONCE. This is clearly a bug, why is it being treated like it NEEDS to be fixed by adding a feature?

Gg-74
Visitor
Yes same issue please fix it !

fffffffs
Casual Listener

Please at least sort out the algorithm for calculating what a shortcut should be. I listened to a pod cast for < 30 seconds, now its right there top of my page every day for the last week... This does seem to be an oversight from the programmers!
Please, please just add a switch to toggle off shortcuts - we know how to navigate Spotify.
And similarly, 'Shows to try' - why are you suggesting "bedtime stores"!?!? I don’t have kids, and I listen to Korn and alike.. strange!

Pongard
Visitor

Why is this feature not there, this is essential. It's so annoying to have things I don't like in my shortcuts. This can't be such a hard feature to introduce, come on.

yesboss
Regular
Spoiler
This issue is getting out of hand.  

I've got sports and political podcasts on mine, and I don't even like sports and hate politics.  What the f*** is going on with you guys????

This is been going on for so long, and it's the first thing you see when you open the app,  your UX team are off their f*cking heads. I've been with you guys from the beta version, and this is the worst version ever, sort it out

user-removed
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. I didn't listened that podcast, but it is still in my shortcuts and your favorites list (???). I am thinking to disable my premium account just for that. Spotify should fix this issue.

tmuzzy
Casual Listener

Did anyone figure out how to solve this? I also have random shortcuts displayed at the top of my HOME page and I want these gone.  I don't even like the stuff displayed there and have at most listened to some of these once... if at all.  Please guys fix shortcuts they are a nuisance and a horrible feature!  

Jeremy

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Bundy169
Regular

Hi Jeremy

I too, like many of the members here, would like the ability to adjust my "Shortcuts". Although the songs in the playlist I wish to remove are top notch and every one of them is a classic, I would appreciate the choice to hide or remove it rather than having to worry that my elderly mother catches sight of this during a family barbecue.

Bundy169_0-1611055636527.png

Thanks for your consideration of this request. Now, get off your lazy arses and fix this incredibly simple to fix issue.

Bundy169
Regular

It's still there Jeremy.....

Jeremy??? You there Jeremy???

Bundy169_0-1611238516296.png

yesboss
Regular

haha, I think Jeremy is in a predicament, he knows that the change has to be made, but the bosses need the podcast purchases to make a return on investment.

Jeremy, the most silent customer service guy, are you still employed?  And can you please let us edit the home page.  People are shocking their nearest and dearest, you cannot, in your heart of hearts, let this aberration continue 

Bundy169
Regular

Ha. Yes Jeremy.**bleep**'m on my knees, man. Please! For the love of all that is holy and righteous in the world. Please! Do the right thing. I know that you think you know what is right for your users. I know that you think that you know best when it comes to making decisions for them. I know that you think that you're doing 'the great service' for the community by preventing them making the simplest decisions for themselves on what the f&%@ they want to have displayed in their own f&%@ing Shortcuts. But for crying out loud, get this fixed.

Jeremy? Jeremy? I'm beginning to think Jeremy might not be real? 🙂

Bundy169
Regular
Wow. Not sure why "**bleep**." needed to be censored but hey, while you're dictating what we should do, why the **bleep** not I suppose.
SUGGESTED POSTS