What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

The Shortcuts section you see on your Home Screens are part of ongoing efforts to improve the user experience by providing meaningful, relevant content recommendations to you. We understand that for those of you posting here, this isn't the case. Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. 

As everything, this is a learning process and we're monitoring both backstage data and user feedback to improve our features.

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

Re: What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Bertram
Roadie

YEA,  let us remove our shortcuts and top shows as well.  Nothing more embarrassing than my family seeing all my podcasts with personal issues that are nobody's business 

Capture.JPG

bbacarat
Casual Listener
It's a terrible feature, please listen to your customers.

tmuzzy
Casual Listener

Did anyone figure out how to solve this? I also have random shortcuts displayed at the top of my HOME page and I want these gone.  I don't even like the stuff displayed there and have at most listened to some of these once... if at all.  Please guys fix shortcuts they are a nuisance and a horrible feature!  

Jeremy

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

tolerant_user
Regular

Stop telling people to "vote" for something obvious.  That is an insult to your customers.

tmuzzy
Casual Listener
This feature was not added through democratic process- it shouldn’t need a public vote to consider removing it or at least giving us a setting to hide it or disable it or whatever. Anyone posting here is not doing so to be a nuisance- it’s out of a desire to make Spotify better and the company should really be better about taking this feedback seriously. People have been requesting this for quite some time now and the response is always to “vote for it”... I really think that this thread needs to be seen by someone within the company that can make these kinda decisions because to me this is an absolute no brainer. How many “likes” does this have to get to be taken seriously? In my mind it’s not a feature request - it’s a bug report- it displays music that we do NOT want shortcuts to- and at the very top of our home page. If you want to have this feature at least give us the ability to remove songs that have been automatically added because right now there is no rhyme or reason to the music displayed there and it is detrimental to the experience for all users.

user-removed
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. I didn't listened that podcast, but it is still in my shortcuts and your favorites list (???). I am thinking to disable my premium account just for that. Spotify should fix this issue.

Re: Boobs!!

yesboss
Regular

oh my god, this is the most important reason now, I feel for you

yesboss
Regular
Spoiler
This issue is getting out of hand.  

I've got sports and political podcasts on mine, and I don't even like sports and hate politics.  What the f*** is going on with you guys????

This is been going on for so long, and it's the first thing you see when you open the app,  your UX team are off their f*cking heads. I've been with you guys from the beta version, and this is the worst version ever, sort it out

Pongard
Visitor

Why is this feature not there, this is essential. It's so annoying to have things I don't like in my shortcuts. This can't be such a hard feature to introduce, come on.

SUGGESTED POSTS