Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Hello Community,

Could somebody please explain how can I remove the two "Shortcuts" from my Home tab? Please, see the attached screen shot.

I have in Spotify Web, Destkop App, Mobile App.

It just sits there, I don't know why and I would prefer not to have it there.

I have found no way how to remove it.

I do not know the artist, I do not follow the artist, I do not like the artist...

So why do I have a shortcut for that song on my Home tab?

Thank you.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 20.23.16.png
Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

The Shortcuts section you see on your Home Screens are part of ongoing efforts to improve the user experience by providing meaningful, relevant content recommendations to you. We understand that for those of you posting here, this isn't the case. Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. 

As everything, this is a learning process and we're monitoring both backstage data and user feedback to improve our features.

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

93 Replies

I'm already gone ... returned to Deezer !!!

My main issue with the shortcuts is that there is no way to remove a fake artist masquerading as another. He stole their name, has only about 700 page views, and yet there he is at the top of my shortcuts.

Instead of working to correct this annoying "feature" you guys clap back instead? That's petty.

yr1_0-1613158077626.pngyr1_1-1613158095387.png

Hey there @yr1,

Thanks for reaching out.

We just want to clarify that if your password was reset, it was to protect your account as mentioned on the email you received, and it has nothing to do with this thread or the issue with Shortcuts.

The security of your account is our top priority and those measures are taken to keep it secure.

We hope this clears things up.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Could be as simple as placing an item in the context menu (three dots, screen shot below). "Dismiss," or "Not interested," etc, you can make up a better one.

From the thread that they direct you to, (distract you, make you feel like they're doing something) it also says, "this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement." 

My real guess is that they're promoting artists they pay EVEN LESS royalty to. Even by the tenths of a cent they give, it's a fractional gain. They're doing what's in their interest. 

Give Ivan props for trying, explaining a little.

Geodactyl_0-1613658630668.png

"relevant content recommendations to you. "

This is the whole problem in a nutshell, STOP butting yourselves into MY user-experience. I DON'T WANT YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS EVERYWHERE. Do it in your own playlists, fine, do it in the Made for you tab, fine, Browse tab, fine, Radio tab, fine, but none customizable shortcuts right smack in the homepage??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME. At least make it customizable. You have NEVER once managed to recommended anything that even remotely interest me.

In my case i have a podcasts in the shortcuts that I RARELY listen too yet now its always the first thing to see. Your user-experience is getting WORSE by the day.

I am so fed up with this... its infuriating.

It’s **bleep**ing pathetic. There’s nothing more to say. 

THIS!!! I can't even use spotify to play music with other people present! I don't want them to know my personal podcasts. Goes for in the Car as well since I have Carplay.. the first thing my passenger sees is an podcast about mental help. They don't need to know this.

How can you people not understand that this is NOT OK on so many levels??

How about instead of making the users do the work for you, you bring attention to this thread. Tell the people above you, there is a common problem occuring throughout the community and it's causing them to leave Spotify. Also tell them it's an easy fix, (oh wait, it isn't easy coz money is involved) all you have to do is simply edit the shortcuts feature so WE can customize OUR shortcuts. Not your shortcuts, the people who pay to be on our front-page. **bleep** off by telling us to do more. We have done enough, the ball is in your courts **bleep**ing idiots

Hallelujah! Thank you, it is infuriating. And Spotify support has the audacity to refer people in this post to a another community post about homescreen customization with nearly 1900 votes. Which they have labelled ‘not right now’. Please add your votes there if you have not already done so.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Customize-Start-Screen/idi-p/4528183

I did not even see that they put this on "not right now". Thats it for me, I am making the switch to a different platform. I have a paying customer for years and years, everything they implement that has anything to do with recommendations has been horrible.  I just can't deal with it anymore. I am GONE!

The one thing that always held me back are my own playlists.. But a quick google search tells me there are programs to help you transfer everything over.

Problem solved. Just canceled my premium.

BYE!

Edit: Look what they show you when you cancel your premium account. The irony.

@SpotrifyCares, maybe you should have cared a bit more.
Cry me a river.Cry me a river.

I will probably regret this post because I never listen to mr Jackson, and just looking it up will probably haunt short cuts and my daily mixes for years to come....

7BE0AC98-08DC-4BAE-857F-A49C7B770BD0.png

"The app is suggesting content that others with similar music habits listened to. It's content related to radios or other suggested content that the app thinks you enjoyed."

I'm sorry but no, there's no way this can be true. I get intrusive 'suggestions' that are so unrelated to my tastes it's actually ticking me off. Stuff I wouldn't even listen to ironically. I don't want these dumb ads to take up my shortcut spots and I don't want these ads to stare me in the face every single time without me being able to dismiss them.

Adding a 'dismiss' or 'not interested' button would solve this entire thing.

My Spotify account had recently been hacked. My playback kept stopping when the other person pressed play on their device. I changed my password and now works fine, but can't get rid of the shortcuts to the **bleep** he/she/it was listening to!! For £15 p/m I expect a bit more control over what I see

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

The Shortcuts section you see on your Home Screens are part of ongoing efforts to improve the user experience by providing meaningful, relevant content recommendations to you. We understand that for those of you posting here, this isn't the case. Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. 

As everything, this is a learning process and we're monitoring both backstage data and user feedback to improve our features.

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail

Like everyone else here, and on numerous other posts, I'm trying to solve this very very simple problem. I'm assuming there are even members of the dev team thinking this should be sorted but are being pressed into working on features like the wonderfully spammy 'suggestions', which paying users should not have to see btw. Just a remove button, that's all we want. There's probably dozens, if not hundreds, of dev users who could do this for you. Do you need a hand? Pop it on GitHub, we'll sort it out for you no problem. Not a bother cuz.

You say to vote but it's been marked as 'Not right now' so what's the point of voting?? The 'team' has obviously decided to shelve this indefinitely as this has been an issue for what, 5 years now?

"Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. "

but then...

"We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement."

Also, on behalf of the entire community of users suffering this problem, thanks for the completely soulless cookie cutter response you guys keep posting. Do you just have a shortcut set up to drop that in the reply?

Looking forward to the inevitable bland corporate reply.

Cheers!

8 Pages of comments and Spotify still hasn't added a 'Remove' or 'Not Interested' button for these?

Most of the time I like the recommendations , but if not I don't want it showing up on the front page of Spotify on all my devices all the time, with no way to remove it !

Thumbs up / Down is basic functionality that actually gives Spotify more data on the user preferences.

Please sort this out soon , 

Thanks

Nick 

Screenshot at Apr 10 07-34-33.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to be better. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

You can read more about how your feedback reaches Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

"Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. "

Not sure you've been listening Jeremy, but thanks for the heart-felt response.

I agree, this this incredibly annoying these shortcuts can't be removed. I now have shortcuts sitting there for podcasts I've unsubscribed to, and a collection of podcasts about psychedelics (wth, no idea why).

+VOTE

Suggested posts