What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

The Shortcuts section you see on your Home Screens are part of ongoing efforts to improve the user experience by providing meaningful, relevant content recommendations to you. We understand that for those of you posting here, this isn't the case. Your feedback is what helps the right teams find out, that this still needs work on. 

As everything, this is a learning process and we're monitoring both backstage data and user feedback to improve our features.

In the meantime you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea. You can also read how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Cheers!

Re: What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

yesboss
Regular
Jeremy, can you just add a Remove option. The Shortcuts section is not even something a user creates themselves, like playlists (and even that has a Remove option), it's prescribed to the user so at least let us opt-out or remove it all together. I'm sure Rasmus Andersson would be disappointed by this major issue, that is easily solved

fffffffs

Please at least sort out the algorithm for calculating what a shortcut should be. I listened to a pod cast for < 30 seconds, now its right there top of my page every day for the last week... This does seem to be an oversight from the programmers!
Please, please just add a switch to toggle off shortcuts - we know how to navigate Spotify.
And similarly, 'Shows to try' - why are you suggesting "bedtime stores"!?!? I don’t have kids, and I listen to Korn and alike.. strange!

ramirez
Regular

Sure Jeremy, great placebo reply: "Just vote for the feature". Then you wait 5 years and maybe some day you might get that fixed. I think going to apple music, as suggested by other people, is the fastest way to a decent paid service. I know you won't miss me, you have millions of users and I'm just one less **bleep** using your service, but **bleep** it, such is life. Good bye Spotify?.

quickstang

@ramirez, this is the type of answer you'd expect from Spotify. It's always some stupid "vote for this" response.

It's nearly 2021 and this is an issue? How hard is it to add code to remove a shortcut? It isn't. They just have some underlying reason they don't want to do it. 

I am in the same boat. Have this kids Bop on my shortcuts along with hard rock, metal, and what not. Pretty sure at one point the kids told Google to play something like that and now I can't remove it. I was hoping I could on the PC, but as I looked this morning I found that wasn't an option and then that led me here. 

And I should have known we'd all get the usual nonsense response of voting for something that shouldn't even be an issue.

Sometimes I question the dev teams of Spotify and why we're even discussing this. 

tmuzzy
Casual Listener

It is beyond frustrating that Spotify refuses to fix this bug.  I just updated to the latest and it is still there... There is no way that this is a desirable feature because it shows a list of songs that I clicked on over the course of a day or two SEVERAL MONTHS AGO and is never updated with actual music that I listen to (which I might actually want shortcuts to??!)  This is a joke guys... come on! Where can we post this that will actually be taken seriously?!  On the mac desktop app the entire visible top part of the home page is taken up by random stuff I don't listen to nor do I want to see every time I open the app.  Luckily it's nothing embarrassing, unlike what some people here are experiencing.

choulicat1
Casual Listener
cus they think that if they take away our power to stop seeing or hearing stuff is fun :C

Re: SOLVED: What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

choulicat1
Casual Listener

2020-12-09.pngi keep seeing this: its so eww my cat walked on my laptop and it played now it thinks i love it :C like ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Gg-74
Visitor
Yes same issue please fix it !

BabyFhoxz
Visitor

I also need an answer for this too because for some reason a podcast has popped up on my shortcuts Spotify needs to fix this even though its getting better they are not paying attention to this problem

Gaspoov
Visitor
Yes, this is actually ridiculous. The shortcuts section has had for MONTHS a lot of random stuff I only listened to ONCE. This is clearly a bug, why is it being treated like it NEEDS to be fixed by adding a feature?
SUGGESTED POSTS