Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yet another Discover Weekly question

Solved!

Yet another Discover Weekly question

Hi,

I have a single playlist with my whole music collection.

The Discover Weekly recommendations are based on listening activity, or just having the song added to the playlist is enough?

In other words, do i have to actually listen to a song for it to be taken into account for DW algorithm?

Thanks!

Pedro

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was about to try the solution you provided when i noticed that all my 5k songs have already been liked.

So the other day when it seemed to be frozen it was effectively doing something in the background.

So my advice to someone with the same problem is to just let it run because it will eventually work even though it seems to be stuck at some point.

Regards,

Pedro

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @Pedrojvm,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Discover Weekly recommendations are based on your listening activity, as well as the songs that you “Like,” share, and skip; and the listening habits of others with similar taste. You can read more about this here.

Adding songs to a playlist will not influence your Discovery Weekly recommendations; you would need to listen to these songs for them influence the algorithm for your Discovery Weekly playlist. However, another way to influence your Discovery Weekly recommendations is by saving songs to Your Library (as “Liked Songs”). You can also read more about the difference between saving a song to Your Library and adding it to a playlist in this thread.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your answer, that certainly helped!

But i have another one. My playlist has around 5000 songs.

Is there an easy way to add all of them at once to my library as liked songs?

Thanks!

Hi @Pedrojvm,

You can add all of the songs in your playlist to Your Library as Liked Songs on a computer (desktop app) by going to your playlist, and then from the top-left of the screen, selecting “Edit” -> “Select All,” which will highlight all the songs in your playlist. Then, you can right-click on any of the songs and select “Save to your Liked Songs.”

While it is not yet possible to select multiple tracks at once on the mobile app (e.g. to add to Liked Songs), you can add your +VOTE for this idea here.

Let us know if you have any other questions, and have a good weekend!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Awesome thanks!

But unfortunately it seems to work only with a limited selection of songs.

If i select them all and save them to liked songs nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi @Pedrojvm,

Depending on your device and set-up, it might just be that the amount of songs is too much to handle at once. I recommend trying this again with all other apps closed, to see if that makes a difference.

Also, if “Edit” -> “Select All” or the [Ctrl + A] ([Command +A] on a Mac) keyboard shortcut doesn’t select all the songs in your playlist, as has been reported by some Spotify users (such as in this thread), then you can try the workaround suggested here; to do this, you can select the top song in your playlist, then scroll down 50-100 tracks, and Shift + click on a song to select these 50-100 tracks before right-clicking on them and adding them to your Liked Songs. Then you can repeat this process in increments of 50-100 songs until you’ve added all the tracks in your playlist to Liked Songs. (Similarly, you can do this in increments by clicking on a song, and holding Shift and scrolling down 50-100 songs to select them). This process isn’t ideal and will take a while, but should work.

I hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Sounds good... I will try it tomorrow and let you know!

Marked as solution

I was about to try the solution you provided when i noticed that all my 5k songs have already been liked.

So the other day when it seemed to be frozen it was effectively doing something in the background.

So my advice to someone with the same problem is to just let it run because it will eventually work even though it seems to be stuck at some point.

Regards,

Pedro

I’ve noticed that my Discover Weekly says it’s been tailored to another user on my account that has different tastes in music than I do. Why did this happen and how can I avoid this in the future?

Hi @colebean76,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Can you send a screenshot of what you’re seeing, so I can better understand what you’re referring to? You can include the screenshot in your next reply by using the “Insert Photos” option in the post editor.

Also, do you see the same thing when logged in to Spotify on a different device as well?

I look forward to your reply, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts