Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Your Library

Get help with Your Library on all devices.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Your Sound Capsule: Following your listening stats

You probably already know Spotify launches every year, Spotify Wrapped, which is a rewind of your listening stats. It presents each user their listening stats for that year, including the most listened-to artists and songs, for example. It's really l...

IMG_6759.jpg IMG_6760.jpg IMG_6761.jpg IMG_6764.jpg
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • JohnHowlett
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 61 likes

Watch and Listen: Introducing music videos on Spotify

Spotify knows that the listening experience is a way to connect artists with fans on many levels. But what if we could enhance these connections with a different perspective? With this in mind, Spotify is introducing a new and powerful way to listen ...

IMG_6446.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Joggerwithoutmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 28 likes

Spotify Takes Listening With Friends to Another Level with Jam

Spotify is introducing a more fun, intuitive, and collaborative social listening experience with Jam. Whether you’re together or apart, joining a Jam with your loved ones is now simpler than ever by tapping phones, scanning a QR code, or sharing a li...

Community Blog Post.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Okiedokiedorkie
  • Casual Listener
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Connect
    JAM
  • 62 replies
  • 48 likes

Superuser Contribution Bots keep adding songs / duplicate playlist keeping old add dates (for sorting)

PlanPremium My Question or IssueDifferent bots keep adding songs to a specific playlist which I share with a friend. I know I can create a new playlist and add all songs to it, duplicating the playlist so they don't know the link anymore, but I would...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issue Different bots keep adding songs to a specific playlist which I share with a friend. I know I can create a new playlist and add all songs to it, duplicati...
  • Yonivh
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify homescreen only shows 2 playlists.

PlanFreeCountryGermanyDeviceGoogle Pixel 4a, Spotify App on Windows Operating SystemAndroid 11, Windows 10 Pro 21H1 My Question or IssueSo for a few weeks now, whatever songs or playlists I listen to, the usual 8 recent playlists don't update, instea...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Germany Device Google Pixel 4a, Spotify App on Windows  Operating System Android 11, Windows 10 Pro 21H1   My Question or Issue So for a few weeks now, whatever ...
  • 13 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Auto play

Starting from today, spotify randomly started playing random music instead of the songs in my Playlist. I tried looking it up and it has to do with the auto play setting that plays suggested songs. I have turned this setting off multiple times, resta...

• Starting from today, spotify randomly started playing random music instead of the songs in my Playlist. I tried looking it up and it has to do with the auto play setting that plays suggested songs. I...
  • ashng
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unwanted songs on my playlist

I have to constantly remove the horrible songs Spotify adds to my playlist. What a pain. Horrible design defect. Spotify is aware of this but seems to have just blown off the previous complaints about this annoying fact.

• Casual Listener
  • I have to constantly remove the horrible songs Spotify adds to my playlist. What a pain. Horrible design defect. Spotify is aware of this but seems to have just blown off the previous complaints abou...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Social & Random
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Desktop] Liked Songs not visible

PlanFree/PremiumCountryAustriaDeviceDesktopOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueThis exact complaint was made 2 years ago by someone else: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Desktop-Liked-Songs-not-visible/idi-p/4994450but I'm...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Austria Device Desktop Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue This exact complaint was made 2 years ago by someone else: https://community.s...
  • MauriceMV
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Discover] New Releases Tab

A section of Spotify implemented specifically to share to you new releases of artists you listen to. It isn't the easiest for artists to promote their music, especially on a platform with a popular paid ad free membership option. Adding a section tha...

• Visitor
  • A section of Spotify implemented specifically to share to you new releases of artists you listen to. It isn't the easiest for artists to promote their music, especially on a platform with a popular p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Radio Playlist does not exist?

Country: SwedenSubscription: PremiumDevice: Iphone X OS: latest update 14.3Spotify version: 8.5.86.739 My Question or IssueI listened to a song that I really liked so I wanted to hear similar songs and clicked “go to radio”. I then got this error mes...

• Regular
  • Country: Sweden Subscription: Premium Device: Iphone X  OS: latest update 14.3 Spotify version: 8.5.86.739   My Question or Issue I listened to a song that I really liked so I wanted...
  • Yordan
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution What is this new "Add to Profile" option, and how does it differ from a Public Playlist?

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 6S Plus, Samsung Galaxy S10, PC)Operating System((iOS 14, Android 11, Windows 10) My Question or IssueWhat is this new "Add to Profile" option, and how does it differ from a Public Playlist? If a playlist ...

• Regular
  • ...rofile" option, and how does it differ from a Public Playlist? If a playlist is Public but not Added to Profile, what does that mean? If I add it to profile but make it not public, what then?
  • Edwin71
  • Music Fan
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] I miss the days when collaborative playlists were shared among friends...

Now, it seems, that anyone can add a track to playlists that are "collaborative". I have a few collaborative playlists that have been "hacked". I blocked the user and deleted the tracks, but I could not report them as fake accounts or bots. I miss th...

• Visitor
  • Now, it seems, that anyone can add a track to playlists that are "collaborative". I have a few collaborative playlists that have been "hacked". I blocked the user and deleted the tracks, but I could ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] Public Collaborative Playlist Whitelisting

The only thing I would change about the collaborative playlist system would be the inability to make a public playlist collaborative with only a select few people having editing privileges.I'm proposing Spotify implement a whitelist system for editin...

• Visitor
  • The only thing I would change about the collaborative playlist system would be the inability to make a public playlist collaborative with only a select few people having editing privileges. I'm p...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution ''Liked Songs'' not playing in sorted order anymore!

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy A70, PC, Xbox Series S.Operating SystemAndroid 10, Windows 10 (Using the desktop app, not the UWP app). My Question or IssueI noticed that my Liked Songs stopped playing in the selected order and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Samsung Galaxy A70, PC, Xbox Series S. Operating System Android 10, Windows 10 (Using the desktop app, not the UWP app).   My Question or Iss...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution One local file does not sync to desktop app

I have a small local library of 3 songs. Two of them sync to Spotify and one does not.The file that won't sync is MP3 format and 4.1 MB. There are no special characters in the file name. I've tried renaming the file, moving the file to a new location...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a small local library of 3 songs. Two of them sync to Spotify and one does not. The file that won't sync is MP3 format and 4.1 MB. There are no special characters in the file name. I've tri...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android App - No Date Added in playlists??

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S11Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhy oh why have you removed the "last date added" from the playlists?? you would swipe the photo before and see the date the last track was added, now nothing!! H...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S11 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Why oh why have you removed the "last date added" from the playlists?? you would swipe...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files/Playlist got deleted accidentally

Hi, Some weeks ago I deleted accidentally my Local playlist. I literally have no idea when did it happen or how I did it.When I check my desktop app in the "Your Library" there is a Local Files folder with a Green folder icon, and there are songs ins...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    Some weeks ago I deleted accidentally my Local playlist. I literally have no idea when did it happen or how I did it. When I check my desktop app in the "Your Library" there is a ...
  • AdamJayCross
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio stuck on one playlist

I've had a chat about this with a live agent however, I am stuck on the same playlist no matter what song I have selected when I click "Go to song radio", "Go to playlist radio" and "Go to artist radio". On my home page, all radio playlists have the ...

• I've had a chat about this with a live agent however, I am stuck on the same playlist no matter what song I have selected when I click "Go to song radio", "Go to playlist radio" and "Go to artist rad...
  • kylelmartin
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • playlist bugged
    Radio
    song bug
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Music missing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My playlist doesn’t show up for me but it does for people who liked it

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryIrelandOperating SystemiOS 15 My Question or IssueI recently discovered that a playlist which disappeared on me wa...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country Ireland Operating System iOS 15   My Question...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Explicit Content

I have turned off the option to play explicit content but a **bleep** hub podcast keeps showing up on my "Episodes for You" area. Why? why? Why? I do not want this nasty **bleep** showing up in an app for which I am paying for the service!

• Casual Listener
  • I have turned off the option to play explicit content but a **bleep** hub podcast keeps showing up on my "Episodes for You" area. Why? why? Why? I do not want this nasty **bleep** showing up in an ap...
  • Cadaeic
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue changing playlist photo

So a few months ago i uploaded photos to my playlists and for a week or so now I’ve been trying to remove them as i want the original photo style but the ‘remove image’ option is completely blocked out and i’m not entirely sure what to do.I have trie...

• Casual Listener
  • So a few months ago i uploaded photos to my playlists and for a week or so now I’ve been trying to remove them as i want the original photo style but the ‘remove image’ option is completely blocked o...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I delete songs stuck in my Liked Songs?

I use the Spotify app on my MacBook and on an Android phone. I am located in Belgium. A few months ago while cleaning out my Liked Songs collection, I deleted every song in it while placing them in different playlists. Now, however, I would like to u...

• Casual Listener
  • I use the Spotify app on my MacBook and on an Android phone. I am located in Belgium.   A few months ago while cleaning out my Liked Songs collection, I deleted every song in it while placing ...
  • DaBlizz
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes