Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding Playlists - iPhone iOS app

Adding Playlists - iPhone iOS app

When attempting to and add an album to a playlist it now prompts me to enter the name.   Previously, the album info (Artist, Title, etc) would automatically be the default name of the playlist.  Since the last update I have to type all of that info manually.  Not a big deal if it's 'U2 Boy' but when adding 'Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No.2 / Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini' it's a bit more cumbersome.

6 Replies

This is extremely annoying!  This is my first time coming to the spotify forums.  I came here to specifically post about this issue.  If you use the desktop version, it still works the "automatic" way.  If anything, give the option when clicking the "+" on the "Add To Playlist" page.  Also, it looks like you cannot edit the name of a saved playlist on iOS, I've never needed to do that before, but maybe that's why this was changed...

That's not the worst part of the new update. 

What you will notice is only the first 6 songs of that playlist will be downloaded to your device (if you store things on the device) and then it will halt. If you add two playlists, the second playlist won't even start downloading until the first playlist finishes, so if you don't know which playlist this halted on, you won't be able to download new songs until you have disabled the download.

Another interesting bug that was introduced is that the songs don't necessarily come in the order of the initial album, so you can enjoy your gapless albums scrambled.

Please, make steps in order to improve the app rather than take 10 back for each 1 forward. This basically removes the functionality of the app. One step forward would be a proper bug report button, cause this forum nonsense is silly and bugs are likely not to get reported.

It's hard to express in words how angry this kind of evil product management makes me.

Spotify have deliberately chosen to remove this feature in order to "encourage" us to use their new (and unpopular) "save" feature instead.

Not mentioning it in the list of changes in this update is just the icing on the cake. Completely disrespecting their paying customers.

Prove me wrong, Spotify, and fix this regression in your next point update.

I have joined specifically to show how unhappy I am with this change I dont want to use the save album option as everything is organised by playlists...

I hope this changes

I too came to the forums for the first time to search about this - I knew I wasn't alone on disliking this. Spotify, please revert back to auto-saving artist\album info when creating an album playlist. This new change is a downgrade to your otherwise fantastic application; and is counter-intuitive to creating quick on-the-go playlists for full albums. 

Fixed! 😄 The latest release of Spotify on iOS (1.9.0) appears to have restored this functionality. Thanks for listening, Spotify!

Suggested posts