Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airplane Mode

Airplane Mode

Hi

When iOS Airplane Mode is on, pop-up message suggests to switch off Airplane Mode or use Wi-Fi every single time you switch to Spotify. That is quite annoying as a) someone could actually be in an airplane b) people do listen to music during the flights. So during my last flight I personally ended up with few hours of constant notification that I'm in an airplane ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks! 

7 Replies

Hey @armanarutyunian, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Is this the usual iOS pop up or something new that only Spotify displays?

Do you have any screenshots of it?

Keep me posted ๐Ÿ™‚

I understand your concern. This has been something that also annoys me. I've had this problem all the way back since I started using the Spotify iOS app back in 2011 / 2012.

It's been a long time but I remember reading that the Spotify app uses a certain method of internet connectivity that requires iOS to show that popup every time you open the app and that Apple would have to change how it works. Whoever needs to make a change, I am not entirely sure, but as a user this popup really makes it hard for me to use the offline mode when on an airplane or traveling because I have to exit out of it every time I want to open up the Spotify app.

There are other posts about it too here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/iOS-Remove-the-Airplane-Mode-pop-up/idi-p/4884997

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there, it's May 3, 2021 and I am having this exact problem on an iPhone. There are a ton of Spotify Community posts regarding this annoying pop-up, and they date back to at least 2013...Screenshot showing pop-up attached

Spotify, please fix asap!

Thanks,

Trevor

IMG_4844948A1946.png

Hey @tmcrump

Thanks for reaching out to us. We'll do our best to help you sort this out.

We'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing issues.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give it a try using a different account to see if you notice the same behavior?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately a reinstall doesn't fix this issue. It's been a long standing issue since way back to 2011 / 2012 when Spotify first introduced downloads in the iOS app.

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

Re-install won't fix it, I had number of iPhones with various iOS versions and it was the same. Attaching the screenshot.

Thanks!

photo5231134682240889722.jpg

Why is this not fixed yet? It's even more annoying on iOS17 with the dynamic island - the notification is huge! Spotify offers downloaded content to be played in Airplane Mode so PLEASE stop bugging users about being offline - it's so frustrating and a really poor UX.

Suggested posts