Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App closing since update

App closing since update

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1

My Question or Issue

hello i have trouble opening my app everytime i try to open it it show a white screen with cancel on the corner and close down I tried to hold my screen button for 10sec and I did delete the app and downloaded back still the same 

8 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi I did tried everything still doesn’t work I have the latest update 8.4.65 .

Hey @Mysteria69,

Could you please try singing in with another account or if possible could you try signing in with your Spotify account on another device with similar specs?

If you want to, you can also try the Beta version to see if the same issue persists.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Same here! That happens to me as well here in Australia. I am using Spotify on my iPhone X, ios 11.4.1. I have recently updated the application yesterday (version8.4.65) and the app does not work. The exact same problem, white screen popping up with the 'cancel' bar on the top left corner of the screen. I have tried everything; restarting the phone, uninstalling and re-installing the app. 

I’ve had the same issue on iPhone. I’ve been able to get on in aeroplane mode but when I try to get in on wifi or data it will automatically send me to a white page with a cancel option in the corner which doesn’t work when tapped. I’ve tried getting on in aeroplane mode, signing out, deleting the app, restarting my phone, redownloading the app, and signing back in but it still happens.

Hey @connpike2001@Mysteria69 & @connpike2001,

Could you please try to go to Settings, into Social section and turn the switch off for Waze naviagtion?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi there! I’ved tried that.

It works! Thank you. By the way, what is Waze Navigation? How’s ot different being switched on/off. 

Hey @thanawatk,

Really happy that it solved your issue!

Waze is like a maps app, it's a free community-based GPS, maps & traffic navigation app which you can use with Spotify if you that app 🙂

You can simply Google for it.

Have a great day!

Suggested posts