Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when using Siri

App crashes when using Siri

I asked Siri to play some music on Spotify. It all went flawlessly. I then opened the app and opened the lyrics and when the song ended, the app crashed. I tried this multiple times and I got the same results. This only happens when I open the lyrics. When I do not, everything is working perfectly.
9 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.
If you're still having trouble, can you let me know your iPhone model as well as your current iOS version?

Let me know how everything goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I followed those steps, but unfortunately that didn’t help.

Hey @user-removed, 

Can you let me know the model of your iPhone and the current iOS version? You can find this by going to Settings > General > About. Also, can you send me a screen recording of this happening? You can use the attachment section below your reply.  Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the Community. 

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi! I’m using an iPhone 14 Pro on iOS 16.3. Here is the screen recording that you asked. The song was started using Siri.

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for the screen recording. Does this happen with a different network connection? If not, can you try creating a new test account here and see if the issue occurs there? I want to see if it's an account or device-related issue.

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I tried the same thing with mobile data and I got the same result. The app crashed when the song ended.

@Billy-J 

Hey @user-removed,

Thank you for trying that. Did the same thing occur when you created a test account using the steps I provided in my last reply?

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hello! I tried it with a test account and I didn't encounter the bug. The app did not crash and next song kept on playing.

Hey @user-removed,

That’s odd. Thanks for trying that! It sounds like it may be an account issue. For this particular case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They'll take a look and do their best to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts