Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Apple Watch cannot adjust volume

Solved!

Apple Watch cannot adjust volume

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 5

Operating System: iOS 14.2, WatchOS 7.1

My Question or Issue

While listening with AirPods, I can control song playback but cannot adjust volume using the watch. I have confirmed that with Apple's music or podcasts apps, I am still able to adjust the volume with the watch, this is only an issue with Spotify.

64 Replies

A bit more info..... if I play something on my desktop player, I can control the Spotify volume using my Apple Watch as expected. The overlay comes up and I can see the volume changing on my iMac. So it seems the bug is constrained to the latest iOS version which isn't getting the volume change events.

This isn't a low volume issue. This is the phone not getting volume change events from the Apple Watch app.

Autoplay also broken on all devices. Just a terrible company.

It appears I also can’t control the volume on my iMac from the iPhone itself so something is definitely broken in iOS.

After reinstalling still it doesn’t works

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting in this thread and for the provided info.

Due to updates on iOS, Spotify users no longer can use their iPhone's volume controls to change the volume on connected speakers. Instead, please use the volume slider in the device menu.

The Community's here should you need help with anything else. Have a good one!

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Premium user for 12 years here. This issue is super annoying, i have to constantly reopen the iOS app and control the tiny slider just so. Any chance of a fix?

I’m experiencing the same issue. I tried every single troubleshooting step available. I’m dying for a resolution for this! Controlling Spotify is the only reason I keep my Apple Watch, and without volume control. It’s kind of pointless.

Seems like the newest update killed Spotify volume control. Super disappointing, really hope it’s fixed soon!

This did not work for me. I also tried forced updates, complete reinstalling on both devices. Volume control still works with now playing app, but not Spotify.. ever since the newest update. Super sad 😞

Seems like the newest update killed Spotify volume control. Super disappointing, really hope it’s fixed soon!

I tried all available troubleshooting steps. Even forced updates and complete reinstall on both devices. Volume control still works in ‘now playin’ but not Spotify.

It magically started working again for a few days but it’s broken again.

Come on Spotify, get it together.

Problem is now recurrent with Apple Watch Ultra II : Scrolling the watch crown will not adjust volume

Watch OS : 10.4

iOS on iPhone 17.4

I really don’t want to get used to this, but it’s starting to happen. I’m not ok with it lol.

please fix Spotify watch volume control!

Hi, 

I am still having these issues. It worked on my old watch but not this one. I have the latest software, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling... no luck

Hi,

I am also having this issue.

It has been going on for quite some time now. I am using an apple watch 7 with latest updates and iPhone 12 pro with latest update.

Restarting devices and reinstalling the software has not solved the issue.

I have not tried to do a factory reset on the apple watch, nor do I want to do that just to see if that will fix an issue that appears to be with spotify and not with the device itself.

The crown can still control the volume when the exercise is in progress and you go to the currently playing screen on the apple watch.

For the last 3 days I have been unable to control the volume on my Spotify from my Apple Watch, I really don’t want to keep taking my phone or fishing my phone out from the bottom of my bag out just to lower/increase the volume. Is Spotify going to fix this, it is super annoying as I can’t even increase it from my earbuds either ( well I can but my fat fingers keep turning it off instead) so I relied on my watch and adjusting with the crown. I’m resenting paying as a premium member and something as straightforward as volume adjusting is now becoming long winded 

I can't increase or decrease the volume of music in Spotify on my Apple Watch. While I don't have any sound problems in other applications, I do have a problem in Spotify.

Same for me, it is super annoying !

April 2024. Restored apple watch, restarted phone, deleted app, redownloaded. Still can’t adjust volume on apple watch spotify.

Suggested posts