Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad Hide Song Functionality

Solved!

Bad Hide Song Functionality

Hi there, I've never been on this forum but have to comment on Spotify's latest update.

As a Human Factors Professional, I am disappointed by the idea to put 'Hide Song' at the top of the options when you click the additional options area of a song. I do not see why hiding songs would be the top functionality users may want to do after the options on the main music player/browser screens.

With my own personal usage, the hierarchy should remain the same, with add to playlist, add to queue, etc. as in the prior version. This update ignores the hierarchy of needs for your users and has caused me to commit multiple errors where I end up hiding songs that I want to add to playlists. Additionally, the errors that this poor placement will cause are harder to recover from, as I will now have to remember what song I accidentally hid, search for it in the search, a playlist, or album, and unhide it, and then add it to my playlist.

I hope this is an A/B test or that someone who can reach the UI/UX team will accept my complaint and take a look. I love Spotify but I have to complain when I see my favorite app violating a usability heuristic.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11,

Operating System

Ios 13.3.1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

It'd be good if you'd check this idea. If it resonates with what you're addressing, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Could not agree more! Very, very frustrating and I accidentally hide songs numerous times a day. Hopefully it's changed or we are given the option to rearrange that option menu!!!

Me too! I hate this feature!! Why would I put songs I don't want to listen to in a playlist?? Sure, I get that the feature is helpful but don't put it at the very top!!

this is the stupidest button in the worst freakin place.  i have hidden several songs now accidentally, thinking I was placing it in my playlist.  Why in the world is this button all the way in top.  It should be below everything.  Why in the world does spotify have everything ass backwards?  Why not place the Remove from playlist button which we have been asking for for the last 8 years instead of this hide song bull!  Yes its pretty much what we we've asking for for the last 8 years.  Spotify, what do we, your users have to do to get your attention to make this app more user friendly?

Here is the info on how to fix the issue:

Tap on the Settings icon in the "Home" tab, then scroll to and make sure "Show unplayable songs" is toggled on and try again. If those methods don't work, you probably hid the song on an app-wide basis from a search. So search for the song again and unblock it from there.

The absolute worst idea!! How this passed testing stage is beyond me. I've literally never wanted to "hide a song", but I add songs to playlists and "queue" them everyday. What genius thought "hide song"should be at the top...please fix this asap Spotify. This should be at the very BOTTOM
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

It'd be good if you'd check this idea. If it resonates with what you're addressing, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on that case.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is for the Idea to be implemented. If you wish to learn more about how your feedback will reach Spotify, feel free to take a look at this article.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I HATE THIS FEATURE!!!! I have made a monthly playlist every month for the past 8 years and I'm so annoyed now that whenever I go to add a song to said playlist I hide it. Even if I retrained my brain to just click just below the worst button ever added to Spotify, the odds of me hitting accidentally are still high.

I am so stinking tired of hiding the songs I'm trying to add to my playlist. I really hope they fix this function because it is 100% starting to get on my nerves.

Spotify needs a suggestion box!!! And I think a lot of us would agree that moving that button to the bottom of the options list would be amazing! 

Yeah, seriously. This is quite literally the most annoying update I have ever seen Spotify do. I have had the same dilemma of accidentally hiding songs I was trying to add to a playlist (because the "add to playlist"  option is usually the first thing on the list; second nature). And even with the "show unplayable songs" setting turned ON, I still cannot find or see any of the content I've mistakenly hidden. I have lost countless songs and I'm still unable to relocate them. It's such a drag. Please change this feature.  I'd like the option to be able to turn it OFF entirely. 

I can't even use it, I click it and nothing happens and I hear the same 10 songs over and over again.

How about core features of playlist radio work first then Spotify can work on special preference things.

I came here to say this just accidentally 'hid' a song I was trying to add...if at least you keep the location of that 'hide' button feature up there, how about implementng a CONFIRM button?? So some of us quick trigger people can realize our errors first...

Thank you

I don't usually comment on very old posts, but this is a topic I feel very strongly about. I can't tell you how many times I have been scrounging for new songs to add to my mix and accidentally hidden a song. Now I have no idea what the song is called and will probably never hear it again. An easy solution would be to move it down a few places on the "..." menu because it still can be useful for some listeners. 

Suggested posts