Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

iOS12

My Question or Issue

Bluetooth headphones are too loud even on the lowest setting. At one notch, they’re unbearable, one notch down, they’re off. From hours of internet searching, this seems to be across brands. It would be lovely to have an in app volume adjustment that can go lower than the iPhone’s lowest settings. (After years of internet complaints, I’m not sure Apple is doing anything.) A yoga app I use called Downdog has a volume slider that makes it possible to use Bluetooth headphones without it feeling like someone is shouting into my ears. Something like that would be so great to have with Spotify.

Help a girl out. 

Also up for other real solutions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Bluetooth Headphones Too Loud

Composer

There's, unfortunately, not another way to adjust the volume in the Spotify app, but the volume slider sounds like a good idea! I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow other members of the Spotify community to vote and comment on it so it could be brought to the developers! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted

Composer

Hey @adele2121!

There's actually an option in the Spotify app. It's not a slider, and it's a little hard to find. If you go to settings>playback there's a volume level option. Try changing that to "quiet" to see if it helps. You can also change the settings in the equalizer (just a little underneath the volume level option), and just drag all of the little dots down to reduce the volume across the board! 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thanks for the suggestion! I did both of these things and it helps a tad
but I still find the volume too loud in a quiet space.
Highlighted
Solution!

Composer

There's, unfortunately, not another way to adjust the volume in the Spotify app, but the volume slider sounds like a good idea! I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow other members of the Spotify community to vote and comment on it so it could be brought to the developers! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Visitor
This problem is marked solved, but is not solved. There's no way to reduce volume, but it would be extremely easy for spotify to address this. I've seen that thousands of people care about this issue. I pay for spotify premium, give us a -10db toggle or an in-app volume slider! It's not that hard!
Highlighted

Hey @snowmobeetle,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We'll make sure that your feedback reaches the right folks at our developer team. In the meantime you can follow the suggestion of @landonharris88 and take a look in our Idea Exchange and see if someone has already submitted an idea for this feature to be added and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to keep track of what changes our users are interested in and how popular a certain idea is. This page explains how exactly your feedback reaches Spotify.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS