Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 10.3.2

My Question or Issue

Since the Feb 2019 Update you can no longer listen to albums on loop. You are forced to add it to a queue multiple times in order to repeat the album. This is extremely frustrating and will likely make me move to Apple Music. I do not see how I can support an app that can't keep a simple repeat button. I'm aware of the new way to repeat a single song, but the option to repeat an album is gone.

IMG_1823.PNG
IMG_1824.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ShadyCreek, welcome to the Community.
Hope you’re doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Currently to go to the queue or use repeat/shuffle buttons you need to tap the … top right corner.

I’d recommend supporting this idea if you don’t like this change to Spotify.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ShadyCreek, welcome to the Community.
Hope you’re doing great!

At Spotify, possible improvements and new features are often being tested. This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn't, or get a brand new feature for only a temporary period.

Things tested could include the next generation of security protection, or new ways to listen. It's also a way for Spotify to introduce new features, and fine-tune the app to be compatible with specific devices.

Currently to go to the queue or use repeat/shuffle buttons you need to tap the … top right corner.

I’d recommend supporting this idea if you don’t like this change to Spotify.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

I don’t think this is a great response. 

Some functionality which is *stock standard* repeat an album or repeat a playlist has been removed completely from the app and now users have to ask to have it reinstated?

The functionality is still there, but it does take an extra step to see it.  After selecting the song at the bottom of the screen as usual, click on the 3 dots at the top, right corner of the screen.  This will reveal the repeat, shuffle, and queue options. It would be nice if Spotify alerted us to these things.

It does appear to work and then you have to tap 'cancel' to leave the
option page

Why change something that's not broken and then create a confusing UX?

Hi! Even when I press the 3 dots on the top right corner in play view, there is still no repeat or shuffle button

6A9B27F2-868F-4423-ADF1-2E9C1CE922C1.png

Suggested posts