Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 34 likes

iPhone X Spotify App KEEPS freezing and will lock up for 5 or 6 seconds at a time

PlanPremiumCountry U.SDeviceiPhone X ios 12.1 My Question or IssueSpotify App on my iPhone X keeps locking up. It will freeze and become unresponsive for 5 to 6 seconds at a time. i am on the most current release of Spotify from the app store and it ...

• Plan Premium Country  U.S Device iPhone X ios 12.1     My Question or Issue Spotify App on my iPhone X keeps locking up. It will freeze and become unresponsive for 5 to 6 seco...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Freezing
    iphone
    iphone x
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Button ?

I hit "shuffle play" when I get in the car. When I get out the car and come back into the car (doesn't matter how long away), the same playlist is on, the shuffle button is off and songs play in alphabetical order. I have to open the app, hit the "no...

• Gig Goer
  • I hit "shuffle play" when I get in the car. When I get out the car and come back into the car (doesn't matter how long away), the same playlist is on, the shuffle button is off and songs play in alph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • shuffle
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When can I expect Siri shortcuts to work?

I’d like Siri support so I can start playback of a playlist for example with a given phrase

• Regular
  • I’d like Siri support so I can start playback of a playlist for example with a given phrase 
  • StuPastu
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 76 likes
  • Siri iOS12
  • 26 replies
  • 76 likes

DISLIKED tracks

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemLatest iOS My Question or Issue SPOTIFY PLEASE make the dislike button add all tracks to a playlist called DISLIKED TRACKS or something so it’s reversible.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada  Device iPhone X Operating System Latest iOS   My Question or Issue  SPOTIFY PLEASE make the dislike button add all tracks to a playlist cal...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify when connected to Airplay in Car has blank screen.

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 7+, Apple CarplayOperating Systemios 12. My Question or Issue I connect my phone through Carplay and use Spotify with it. Occasionally, I notice that the spotify screen on the dashboard is blank when launched and co...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 7+,  Apple Carplay Operating System ios 12.    My Question or Issue  I connect my phone through Carplay and use Spotify with...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify launches on multiple devices simultaneously

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceiPhone 6p / Google Nexus 6p / Huawei WatchOperating SystemiOS 12 / Android 8.1 My Question or IssueI primarily listen to Spotify using my iPhone. I also have Spotify installed on my Nexus 6p.Whenever I launch Spotify on the...

• Plan Premium Country UK  Device iPhone 6p / Google Nexus 6p / Huawei Watch Operating System iOS 12 / Android 8.1  My Question or Issue I primarily listen to Spotify using my iPhone...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify automatically starts playing when brought into focus on an iPhone

Whenever I switch to Spotify on my iPhone it takes over and starts playing automatically. This occurs ONLY when connected to my bluetooth speakers. I've synched Spotify to my speakers via my phone for years and this only recently started happening. T...

• Whenever I switch to Spotify on my iPhone it takes over and starts playing automatically. This occurs ONLY when connected to my bluetooth speakers. I've synched Spotify to my speakers via my phone fo...
  • Agtronic
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Where is Spotify on App Store

Just picked up my iPhone 8 Plus running on IOS 12.1.1 and I cannot find or download the Spotify app. I have tried downloading it on the Spotify website with no luck all i get is a blank white screen. Any ideas why I cant find or download Spotify?? Th...

• Regular
  • Just picked up my iPhone 8 Plus running on IOS 12.1.1 and I cannot find or download the Spotify app. I have tried downloading it on the Spotify website with no luck all i get is a blank white screen....
  • Keaton22
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No volume control from PC to iPhone?

I'm running Spotify on a Windows 10 x64 PC. When I try to adjust the volume level on my (iPhone XS iOS12.1.1 running the latest Spotify app) from Spotify on the PC ... I can't?I can change tracks but the volume bar at the bottom of Spotify on the PC ...

• I'm running Spotify on a Windows 10 x64 PC. When I try to adjust the volume level on my (iPhone XS iOS12.1.1 running the latest Spotify app) from Spotify on the PC ... I can't? I can change tracks b...
  • LaloPech
  • Songwriter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Error Message Sharing to Instagram

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceiPhone 7 My Question or Issue When I try to share a song to my Instagram story, I get this error. I can usually share songs no problem, but today keep getting this error even after reinstalling the apps and restarting my ph...

14AEB36C-3685-409B-99E0-AF833539FF45.png
  •   Plan Premium Country  US Device iPhone 7   My Question or Issue  When I try to share a song to my Instagram story, I get this error. I can usually share songs no proble...
  • Ebarne
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

songs pause randomly... first time in 4 years

I have had spotify on my iphone for a few years now. For the last week or so it pauses a lot during songs to the point where is obnoxious. This is the first time I have even logged onto Spotify from my computer so it really should not be about the ap...

• I have had spotify on my iphone for a few years now. For the last week or so it pauses a lot during songs to the point where is obnoxious. This is the first time I have even logged onto Spotify ...
  • kevvw
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Last.fm scrobble under home wifi

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone X and Macbook ProOperating System iOS I am facing an issue for the last few days where the music I listen at home (either using my iPhone or Macbook) does not scrobble to Last.fm. I am not listening under Private ...

• Composer
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone X and Macbook Pro Operating System iOS   I am facing an issue for the last few days where the music I listen at home (either using my iPhone o...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Daily mix

My Question or Issue By mistake i deleted my daily mix and i dont know how to get it back , i tried deleting the app and logging out. I hope i get it back

• Casual Listener
  •     My Question or Issue  By mistake i deleted my daily mix and i dont know how to get it back , i tried deleting the app and logging out. I hope i get it back
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle only plays recently added tracks

When shuffling all "Songs" saved to my library, Spotify only plays the most recently added ~100 or so tracks. This is an ongoing issue (searching keywords returns threads going back as far as 2013). Please don't suggest workarounds such as "add all y...

• Regular
  • When shuffling all "Songs" saved to my library, Spotify only plays the most recently added ~100 or so tracks. This is an ongoing issue (searching keywords returns threads going back as far as 2013). ...
  • stoli_man
  • 1 replies
  • 46 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 46 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Sharing to Instagram Not Working??

PlanPremiumCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11 My Question or Issue I have been able to link and share things from Spotify to my Instagram Story in the past no problem, but now when I try to hit share and then share to Instagram...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United States Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11   My Question or Issue  I have been able to link and share things from Spotify to my Instagram Sto...
  • TheClubs
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Instagram
    Instagram Stories
  • 14 replies
  • 24 likes

Solved!! Unable to Share to Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountry U.S.DeviceiPhone 6S (iOS 12.1.1) Hello! I’m unable to share to my Instagram Stories from the Spotify option. I’m able to share it anywhere else, however when I choose the “Instagram Stories” option, I‘m met with a momentary wait ti...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  U.S. Device iPhone 6S (iOS 12.1.1)     Hello! I’m unable to share to my Instagram Stories from the Spotify option. I’m able to share it anywhere e...
  • petermwilson
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 9 likes

Music stop playing when making an instagram story

I use my Spotify’s music as background for my stories, but since I got an iPhone 7 every time I try to make a story, music stops playing every time I push the record button.

• I use my Spotify’s music as background for my stories, but since I got an iPhone 7 every time I try to make a story, music stops playing every time I push the record button.
  • aymardb
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution iOS Alpha & Beta Programs

We are excited to announce we are launching both an Alpha and a Beta program for the Spotify iOS. Please read below for more information on how to get started. We appreciate your help in making the Spotify app the best it can be. What are the Spotify...

• We are excited to announce we are launching both an Alpha and a Beta program for the Spotify iOS.   Please read below for more information on how to get started. We appreciate your help in m...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 14 likes

spotify pausing when recording stories

When I had an iPhone 8 plus I used to let spotify songs playing in second plan and when I recorded stories on instagram they kep playing. Now I bought an iPhone XS Max and when I start recording a story on instagram, spotify pauses, so I cant record ...

• When I had an iPhone 8 plus I used to let spotify songs playing in second plan and when I recorded stories on instagram they kep playing. Now I bought an iPhone XS Max and when I start recording a st...
  • landonharris88
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Sleep Timer unresponsive on iPad

PlanPremiumDevice(iPad Pro 2018)Operating SystemIOS My Question or IssueA sleep timer is available for podcasts on my Spotify account, however any time I click on it within the menu nothing happens. There is no response or follow up menu, and no slee...

• Plan Premium Device (iPad Pro 2018) Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue A sleep timer is available for podcasts on my Spotify account, however any time I click on it within the m...
  • supergirl558824
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes