Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Carplay not showing all albums in my library

Carplay not showing all albums in my library

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 7(updated to latest sw), Apple Carplay. Ford Focus Sync 3 2017(updated to latest sw)

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

When using apple carplay (wired) not all albums are visible. I have about 55 albums stored/liked on my phone.

How I reproduce this:

Start my car.

connect phone to car using an apple cable.

Carplay shows up.

I go to spotify

I select library -> albums

My albums are only visible up until the letter D. This is about 15 albums. I know there is some kind of limitation with only having lists of 200 but this is not the case right here.

If I turn off my car, close spotify on phone and repeat the above steps then sometimes it will actually show all albums. I will scroll down to for instance the letter S. Now if I wait a minute or so all of a sudden the album list refreshes back to the letter D and only the albums up until D are visible again.

If needed I will make a video with the issue but I will not post that in public.

18 Replies

I hope they find a solution to this because I have the exact problem. I think mine only does like J for artists, when I have through Z

I’m seeing this problem all over the forum. I reported this this year ago. I don’t what the heck the spotify team is waiting for to fix this damn issue. What does it take for them to pay attention. A thousands votes and a class action suit??

It’s so damn easy to replicate. If I put my phone into airplane mode and Spotify goes offline it shows all my playlists on my Apple car. The moment it connects online 80% of my playlists disappear on my car play.
What the *}^*#@)@ Spotify, get on and fix the problem already.

It is really disappointing to see spotify is not addressing the issue for so long. 

It is ridiculous!!!

I need to touch my phone while driving to get albums after L. 

Think I'll switch  to apple music

Got all my albums

Works beter with siri

Ans ill save some money 

Their  quality improved lately

It would be nice to see all albums through to L. My list stops after B (iPhone 11 with brandnew Subaru Outback / Starlink System). No problems with Amazon Music or Apple Music. Maybe it's time to switch...

Beyond frustrating, my list only goes to F.  

I've read elsewhere that this maybe a Carplay safety feature so that you won't keep on scrolling on the screen while you're driving. However, I've also noticed this limitation when my car is in Park.

This feature is actually more dangerous since it forces me to pick up my phone and scroll there trying to find the artist/album I'm looking for. 

I totally agree

this limitations just makes me reach to my phone while driving, or just give up using Spotify.

we are on a Spotify's official community site, and there is no official response from Spotify..... very disappointing

@My Estub wrote:

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 7(updated to latest sw), Apple Carplay. Ford Focus Sync 3 2017(updated to latest sw)

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1

My Question or Issue

When using apple carplay (wired) not all albums are visible. I have about 55 albums stored/liked on my phone.

How I reproduce this:

Start my car.

connect phone to car using an apple cable.

Carplay shows up.

I go to spotify

I select library -> albums

My albums are only visible up until the letter D. This is about 15 albums. I know there is some kind of limitation with only having lists of 200 but this is not the case right here.

If I turn off my car, close spotify on phone and repeat the above steps then sometimes it will actually show all albums. I will scroll down to for instance the letter S. Now if I wait a minute or so all of a sudden the album list refreshes back to the letter D and only the albums up until D are visible again.

If needed I will make a video with the issue but I will not post that in public.

"Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again." If the tips there do not resolve the issue, you'll find a link at the end of the article that will allow you to contact Apple Support for further help. Cheers

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you're experiencing this, please share the following info (if you haven't already) so we can forward it to the internal teams at Spotify, who'll investigate further:

• your device's make, model and OS version
  • the exact Spotify version that is running on your device
  • the car model
  • the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

iPhone 11 with iOS 15.3.1, Spotify App 8.7.6.1559, Subaru Outback 2021 model with newest version of Subaru Starlink entertainment system.

Troubleshooting so far: update of iOS and Spotify app, new USB cable, reset of Car Play connection in iOS.

Ios 15.4

Iphone 12 pro

Mercedes eqc

Latest spotify uodate

Tried all that mentioned above

Praying for a quick fix

Tha k yoo

Quick fix?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🙃

I’ll eat my shorts if they fix this in this decade. They’ll go out of business before they fix this. 

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

We've passed this info to the development team. They'll be working on it in order to get improvements for the Carplay. 

We appreciate your patience. 

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Same issue here with:

- iPhone 12 

- iOS 15.4.1

- Spotify version: 8.7.22

- Car Model: Lancia Ypsilon

- Troubleshooting so far: clean reinstall of Spotify, log in log out twice

same problem  -  CARPLAY only shows 200 songs in a playlist with more in it....  😞

Car: Audi A4 2018

iPhone: iPhone XS

Spotify: 8.742.1716 (latest)

Gave up
Switched to apple music

@AndresM: But how much more patience do we need to have? The first post here is now 3 years old... and still no solution. This might be the end of my Spotify subscription, too.

It ended mine

Suggested posts