Free/Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

Iphone X

Operating System

iOS 10,

My Question or Issue

With the latest update where you changed totally the interface, the usability has gotten incredibly down, you removed the categories: Songs, Artists, Albums; and replaced it with the Artists or Albums you are following and there is no other way to look at the music you have downloaded anymore.

Also you removed the option of queuing a song by sliding it to the rigth in the "Favorite songs", why did you have to do that for? 

I want the previous interface or else I will have to change to another streaming service.

20 Replies

@lilithlee,

Sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the latest update to Spotify. As always Spotify are constantly improving the platform and mobile applications. I'll make sure that you're feedback gets fed back to the right folks! Could you let me know whether your a free or Premium user?

Take Care,

/ES

I'm having the same issue in Android as well, it's been the worst update to date to Spotify, there's no way to navigate your library. I guess it's time to migrate to another service where they care about their users suggestions and the features we like.

Not only is the "song" option no longer there, the list of artists is very incomplete to what it was. I can now no longer search for a certain song, or even a specific artist because of the fact my library has been completely ******-up by this update

Songs category is gone. I liked to filter this category by downloads, go offline and then listen A-Z. Then, I'm sure I'm not using any cellular data.

Premium user

Thanks! Premium. Please bring Songs Category back.

Ethan, this reduces the useability of the app by *a lot*!

I loved to just put my entire library in random and enjoy.

Now that's impossible.

As mentioned before, the list with artists is incomplete as well...

It isn't just a matter of liking the new interface, it just lost basic features always present in previous iteractions of the app.

I pay for the premium option and the new changes SUCK! I cant access any of my artists from my library, only albums! I loved spotify but if this change is permanent I will go to Amazon music and be a loyal user with them. Spotify u blew it on this one!!! CHANGE IT BACK!!!!!

Couldn’t agree with u more!
I’ve decided to switch to Apple Music and have a ball!:)

Oh, transfer of playlists can be achieved using an app called songshift (via App Store)
Bye now 🙂

They don’t care about customers here. We actually need to stand up to the company shouting that this update sucks and then maybe they will listen. In the end they don’t give a single doodoo about us. 

Move to Apple Music is the only thing to do.

Yup what the actual heck are they doing? The features aren't just moved or changed, they are just gone. At the least they could have made an "all songs" playlist so we can at least shuffle our library. I think I will be moving to Apple music as well if this is permanent.

Hey!
Rest Assured, I've passed this feedback across to the right folks across at Spotify for their review in the future, they're constantly reviewing feedback and are on the look out! 
Take Care for now.

I cancelled our family account today, not even a single word back from spotify. This company is the most terrible company when it comes to customer service. What a shame, so dissappointed. Started creating a Apple music library, probably a few days of work to get everything up and running, but hey! As if they care at spotify.

Not a review in future, a review now.

This is a terrible update.

AND: on the OIS app the alphabetical shortcut on the right hand side in the saved artists view is gone again. Causes a lot of scrolling if you want to get to an artist at the end of the alphabet. I can only assume this was a mistake? Bring it back!

Thank I’m struggling to find my music in the same way I’m struggling to figure out who would actually think these changes were a good idea.

The only conclusions I can come to is that a disgruntled employee is trying to drive users to a different service or possibly someone took a knock to the noggin.

i hope they get better soon.

The new update is garbage and I will be stopping payment very soon if the interface isn't changed. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...honestly who's in charge over there?

Totally agree. After building a library to listen while in the car Spotify destroyed everything. For someone using premium accounts i would say i’ve Been deceived

Suggested posts